Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Which Programming Language Should I Learn To Design My Website?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#25 mdmichael

mdmichael

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 11:59 AM

Well if you want to make the site yourself you defiantly need html and some css. You could use dreamweaver or microsoft frontpage it will make things much easier.

#26 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 20 August 2009 - 12:35 PM

Ouch! Frontpage = Evil. Use Kompozer if you want a cheap/free WYSIWYG HTML editor.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#27 phillw

phillw

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:41 AM

I may be off topic here - In which case my apologies, but... If you are looking at a site for selling stuff on, oscommerce is a good engine - comes with paypal support. The default layout is not quite to my taste, but there is an excellent series of tutorials on altering how it looks, whilst retaining its functionaliity. Another option would be to design the web-site & use apps from the likes of google to put in the hooks for e-selling.
You are, as noted by others, going to have to get to grips with some HTML & CSS stuff, again, there are some excellent articles on that.
The engine of a web-site is pretty standard - it's how you make it look that takes the time !!!

If you're using a linux based machine, then Kompozer is a good choice, if you're on win based system then NetObjects have a pretty decent free version for you to play with.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Phill.

#28 ma_la883

ma_la883

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 02:59 AM

Hey I want to read one useful article it will help you a lot...

You can read this article here

#29 Guest_kris_*

Guest_kris_*

Posted 25 December 2009 - 11:00 PM

you need to learn HtmL,PHP and java script

#30 Alex3k

Alex3k

CC Addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 12:54 AM

Hey, something i found kinda useful was w3schools. Its made my the world wide web consortium (people that make the internet i think :S) and it has LOADS of resources and guides how to acutally make websites, it covers all of the above languages mentioned.
Here is the link
http://www.w3schools.com/

Hope this helps

#31 James.H

James.H

CC Devotee

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 02:43 PM

Yeah w3 is the ultimate resource, that and this site too

#32 semprance

semprance

CC Addict

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:13 PM

(people that make the internet i think :S)

This made me rofl :lol: I think they standardise (or help standardise) web programming languages like XHTML and CSS, as well as stuff like XML. Their code validators are invaluable tools to any web developer.

#33 mdmichael

mdmichael

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 07:04 PM

html and css are a must. PHP and javascript maybe

#34 Mastspace

Mastspace

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:44 AM

Cost? Free if you want lol

If you want to spend some money you could get some books but if you want I could email you a few ebooks or something I have a few you might like.

Learning HTML isnt hard you just gotta know where to look. This site below has HTML, CSS, PHP, and MySQL tutorials and walk throughs. You can learn everything here.

W3Schools Online Web Tutorials

If you wanna learn more advanced PHP you can always visit their website:
PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor

If you do not have hosting you can get free PHP hosting you can just do some tests on.
Google

If your just testing HTML just save your files in .html on your computer and open them up with your default browser and you should be great!

Hi dear
i am new in this website and i would like to learn from the beganing wich is html and also i have a website and i don't know how to change something in databes always my partner doing that and i would like to learn that please can you tell me from where i should start and what kinda of books i have to read and i sow you said about some ebooks. thnx

#35 phillw

phillw

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 08:35 AM

Hi dear
i am new in this website and i would like to learn from the beganing wich is html and also i have a website and i don't know how to change something in databes always my partner doing that and i would like to learn that please can you tell me from where i should start and what kinda of books i have to read and i sow you said about some ebooks. thnx

Hi and welcome the forum,

I don't know what operating system you are running, nor the database you are using. If you could post that, it would assist the wonderful people here to help you better (I'm only familiar with lunux for accessing databases, if you're running a Windows system I cannot help you).

Regards,

Phill.

#36 Mastspace

Mastspace

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 02:40 PM

hi
i am at the moment working with xp but like to lear xp and 7 coz soon i will useing windows 7 thnx

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download