Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      18 Aug
    KodeKool

When faced with a wall of errors and no hope to fix them, remember the following "Programs always do what you tell them to, and seldom what you want them to, but eventually you'll run out of things that can go wrong and it'll just work. and that's the secret to good programming."

Show comments (2)
  • Photo
      11 Aug
    Error

Should I be practicing programming every day? I feel if I don't, I'll get instantly rusty or something.

Show comments (4)
View All Updates

Developed by Kemal Taskin
Photo
- - - - -

Monitor not working with Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 BlaineSch

BlaineSch

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:58 AM

So I installed Windows 7 on my moms desktop a few weeks ago and the monitor resolution was extremely small like 400px and such. Obviously horrible. When I went to change it - it allowed me to but the colors were black and white (I cant remember the resolution)

I upgraded from XP and the monitor worked wonderful. I tried like 3 monitors to see if any would work which failed. They are all older monitors but I really wouldnt think it would matter. I went to all the brands websites and tried to install the drivers but it kept giving me basically the same recommendation "Basic video card driver" or something.

Do I need a new monitor or a new video card? Or is there something else im just completely missing?

#2 Guest_Jordan_*

Guest_Jordan_*

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:18 AM

What version of Win7 are you running? There still may be a lot of bugs and this could be one of them. I installed it on one computer and when I switched monitors the new monitor was black. It was a new flat panel monitor. I could put the old monitor back on and see windows again but no matter what setting or driver I used the new monitor wouldn't work for me. I was using a prior beta build though.

#3 BlaineSch

BlaineSch

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:43 AM

Well I downloaded May 28th and I think the version is "6.1.7100.0" but that may not be correct.

#4 WingedPanther

WingedPanther

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 16,988 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:32 PM

It sounds like a video-card driver issue.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#5 TcM

TcM

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,563 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 01:08 PM

Do I need a new monitor or a new video card? Or is there something else im just completely missing?

Probably neither, just a driver issue

#6 BlaineSch

BlaineSch

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 01:48 PM

I installed the drivers that the company had posted. All 3 of them didnt work correctly.

#7 TcM

TcM

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 7,563 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 02:05 PM

But were the drivers designed for Windows 7?

#8 BlaineSch

BlaineSch

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 02:07 PM

Probably not. So if it was infact a driver issue where would I need to get a new driver? Wait for the Windows 7 to come out this October? Or should they have drivers up sooner than that?

#9 TcM

TcM

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 7,563 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 02:13 PM

Hmm I don't know about that... depends on the manufacturer I guess