Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      16 Apr
    Kadence

If you're reading this, you're on my profile and I know you're on my profile because I'm probably viewing yours.

Show comments (6)
  • Photo
      10 Apr
    Poe

Finally (and hopefully) i'm getting a team together that knows a little of this and a little of that; and maybe all my open source projects that are half written can begin to be released. :)

View All Updates
Photo
- - - - -

Monitor not working with Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 BlaineSch

BlaineSch

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:58 AM

So I installed Windows 7 on my moms desktop a few weeks ago and the monitor resolution was extremely small like 400px and such. Obviously horrible. When I went to change it - it allowed me to but the colors were black and white (I cant remember the resolution)

I upgraded from XP and the monitor worked wonderful. I tried like 3 monitors to see if any would work which failed. They are all older monitors but I really wouldnt think it would matter. I went to all the brands websites and tried to install the drivers but it kept giving me basically the same recommendation "Basic video card driver" or something.

Do I need a new monitor or a new video card? Or is there something else im just completely missing?

#2 Guest_Jordan_*

Guest_Jordan_*

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:18 AM

What version of Win7 are you running? There still may be a lot of bugs and this could be one of them. I installed it on one computer and when I switched monitors the new monitor was black. It was a new flat panel monitor. I could put the old monitor back on and see windows again but no matter what setting or driver I used the new monitor wouldn't work for me. I was using a prior beta build though.

#3 BlaineSch

BlaineSch

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:43 AM

Well I downloaded May 28th and I think the version is "6.1.7100.0" but that may not be correct.

#4 WingedPanther

WingedPanther

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 16,633 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:32 PM

It sounds like a video-card driver issue.
Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

#5 TcM

TcM

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,563 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 01:08 PM

Do I need a new monitor or a new video card? Or is there something else im just completely missing?

Probably neither, just a driver issue

#6 BlaineSch

BlaineSch

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 01:48 PM

I installed the drivers that the company had posted. All 3 of them didnt work correctly.

#7 TcM

TcM

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 7,563 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 02:05 PM

But were the drivers designed for Windows 7?

#8 BlaineSch

BlaineSch

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 02:07 PM

Probably not. So if it was infact a driver issue where would I need to get a new driver? Wait for the Windows 7 to come out this October? Or should they have drivers up sooner than that?

#9 TcM

TcM

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 7,563 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 02:13 PM

Hmm I don't know about that... depends on the manufacturer I guess