- Updated: 06/22/2009
ASCIIBinIt is a command-line tool to send data to a "ASCIIBin": a web site which allows its users to upload snippets of code and text for public viewing and collaboration.
Project inspired by: pastebinit | StÃ©phane Graber's website
I originally emailed the author of this program to include ASCIIBinIt in his program. The way he has it built make it easy to add new "BIN" sites with different requirements. Since it is already popular and widely distributed, it was ideal. I never received a response though.
Language: C# using Mono and .NET
Requirements (if any are known)
.NET 2.0 or Mono in Linux
Attached here as an attachment
GNU although a link back to Programming Forum would be nice for anyone using.
Tested on Linux, Ubuntu 9.04
Test on Windows XP, Vista
- Create and submit a BIN with the contents of a file
- Choose the code language you want to submit
- Optional ability to submit as a logged in user
- Ability to make the BIN private (password protected)
- Fast, lightweight executable that works on both Linux and Windows
- I'm not happy about using two webrequests, one for the login session and one for submission. I'd like to fix this once I learn more about it.
- Add ability to read configuration file so there is no need to enter login information each execution.
- Add ability to read text from the console, interactive mode.
Support will only be given here. If you find any bugs please post them here.
Source, Binary and installers will be posted shortly.
Edited by Jordan, 22 June 2009 - 11:38 AM.