Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

is mac really based of unix?

mac

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#49 Davide

Davide

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:55 AM

My point exactly. I am not arguing but you are trying to. I simply gave my opinion on the matter and even agreed on a few points. I made valid and sound arguments but you lack the ability to see this. You are taking this too far and personally have become an annoyance. Google arguing on the internet, you will see my opinion on the matter there.

You seem to have an issue with people that don't agree with you, that is sad. You will have many issues in the workplace, if you keep this mentality. Looks like I'll get to use the ignore list, I already wasted too much of my time on a useless subject that has gone far beyond the scope of this topic (consider forum etiquette, the recent posts have no relevance to the topic and should cease). Go ahead and reply with whatever nonsense you feel just; everything I have said is very easy to understand and I won't "dumbed it down" any more than it is. If you don't understand it, then English may be the problem here. I left grade school too long ago to deal with the drama of it now. This has turned into a pissing match over something so miniscule, it is nothing but humorous to say the least.

Right, that saved your dignity on the forum ;).
Are you a newbie programmer trying to learn C#? Check out my small tutorial: Visual C# Programming Basics

#50 tate

tate

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:43 AM

Also, if you want my personal opinion, Linux looks ugly and doesn't run the CS4 suite

Last i checked all of CS4 that i use works on my linux box just fine. wine is my best friend.
twas brillig

#51 Davide

Davide

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:18 AM

Maybe you have some newer version. Well, it's a matter of taste here, i don't like emulated stuff. Everything looks bad under Wine. The point is, i have no reason or advantage in using Linux.
Are you a newbie programmer trying to learn C#? Check out my small tutorial: Visual C# Programming Basics

#52 Davide

Davide

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:47 AM

Son9ne -> Nice job in hacking my website ;). Be proud that you know more PHP than a guy 10 years younger then you.

#53 SoN9ne

SoN9ne

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Programming Language:Java, PHP, JavaScript, Bash
  • Learning:C, Objective-C

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:57 AM

First, know what you are talking about before you jump to conclusions. To think I would waste my time on something so trivial is not only an insult to me, it also shows that you have no clue.

Don't you dare try to claim that I had something to do with your site going down, I don't even know what your site is nor do I care.

You better get your facts straight before you start pointing fingers.

I have no problem with you, especially not one to "hack" your site. I just think you are childish and you have issues with people that don't agree with you. I am nothing like you, I never got cocky with you and I could care less about arguing with you on the internet.

You will not falsely accuse me of something, period. This is exactly why I can't stand kids, they get upset with someone and think the feelings mutual. Then when something bad happens they jump to illogical conclusions...

Next time, get your facts straight before you try to accuse someone, it only makes you look like an **.

I will say this one more time, so it will sink in your head.
I do not have a problem with you, I just don't like you. I only have this thread to know you and so far you are irrational, at least in my eyes. I am not claiming to know you, this is my first opinion of you. I have more important things going on in my life than to waste it picking on a kid. Don't take it personal, I consider many people kids, it's not by age but by actions. Arguing is childish and stupid, especially on the internet. You seem to have trouble grasping this concept. To think I would waste my time trying to hack you site would implement that you are worth my time... you are not.

Do yourself a favor and check your logs, if you want I'm sure the admin here can give you my IP. IF you really want it I can give you all of them in a pm. Do some research on the attack before you start pointing fingers. You better learn that quick.

For my curiosity, we you running a Windows server? That would be entertaining if it were the case.

#54 Davide

Davide

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 06:03 AM

First, know what you are talking about before you jump to conclusions. To think I would waste my time on something so trivial is not only an insult to me, it also shows that you have no clue.

Don't you dare try to claim that I had something to do with your site going down, I don't even know what your site is nor do I care.

You better get your facts straight before you start pointing fingers.

I have no problem with you, especially not one to "hack" your site. I just think you are childish and you have issues with people that don't agree with you. I am nothing like you, I never got cocky with you and I could care less about arguing with you on the internet.

You will not falsely accuse me of something, period. This is exactly why I can't stand kids, they get upset with someone and think the feelings mutual. Then when something bad happens they jump to illogical conclusions...

Next time, get your facts straight before you try to accuse someone, it only makes you look like an **.

Ok, i apologise. It's fools day and i got really fooled...

Edited by Davide, 01 April 2010 - 08:07 AM.

#55 tossy

tossy

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 03:18 AM

Comparison Review of A/UX and MachTEN
Microsoft: "You've got questions. We've got dancing paperclips
<a href="http://www.getzephyr.com">Test Management</a>

#56 bbqroast

bbqroast

Codecall Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 03:21 PM

As a rule of MY thumb Macs are more expensive and yet commonly less powerful why??
They are mad eof quality materials NO!!!
Because Mac has no competition meaning their is nothing to make them make Macs cheaper- As long the OS looks good on the packet people will just buy it cause the only option is windows (or linux). Of course about a month into operation the Apple device will start having random probs (i.e. airport refuses any connections even as admin).
Please, write clearly with proper structure. Double spacing makes the text feel un-jointed, Capitalizing Every Word Means People Stop Before Every Word Sub-Consciously Which Is A Pain In The Backside, and use code tags! (The right most styling box).

#57 DarkLordCthulhu

DarkLordCthulhu

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Programming Language:C, JavaScript, Bash, Others
  • Learning:Ruby, Others

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:15 PM

As a rule of MY thumb Macs are more expensive and yet commonly less powerful why??
They are mad eof quality materials NO!!!
Because Mac has no competition meaning their is nothing to make them make Macs cheaper- As long the OS looks good on the packet people will just buy it cause the only option is windows (or linux). Of course about a month into operation the Apple device will start having random probs (i.e. airport refuses any connections even as admin).

I have had my Macbook for over two years, and I don't have random problems with it. I'd much rather use Mac OS X than have to deal with Windows 7 telling me it's going to restart against my will to install updates I didn't ask for unless I cancel it every five minutes. Plus if I hit the kill switch in OS X or Linux, I have no problem. Windows 7 will throw a fit on the next startup and tell me it needs to spend the next 20 minutes scanning the hard drive for errors. It's not a bad operating system, but I'd still much rather use a *nix.

And anyone who hates Apple for overpricing their products should LOVE Linux, because it does the exact opposite. But in my experience, people who flame Apple for petty things like this are usually Microsoft fanboys who are butthurt over the fact that Windows no longer has 99.9999999999999% market share. God forbid someone be allowed to make a product that competes with Microsoft's.
Programming is a journey, not a destination.

#58 Alexander

Alexander

YOL9

• 3963 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PHP, Assembly

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:20 PM

it needs to spend the next 20 minutes scanning the hard drive for errors.

My kernel forces checking the EXT3 drives each 100 restarts, it's a common thing.

All new problems require investigation, and so if errors are problems, try to learn as much as you can and report back.

#59 DarkLordCthulhu

DarkLordCthulhu

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Programming Language:C, JavaScript, Bash, Others
  • Learning:Ruby, Others

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:56 AM

Debian did an fsck on me once when it was starting up. That was the only time it really delayed. But it is a lot more tolerant of me crashing the machine.
Programming is a journey, not a destination.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mac

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download