Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

KDE Background unchangeable

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Hektor

Hektor

CC Addict

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 11:56 AM

I can no longer change my KDE 3.5 background. I go into "Configure Desktop", select a new background, apply, ok. The background does not change. I refresh the background and it is the same.

I go back into "Configure Desktop" and I can see it has the background I chose but that isn't the background I see on KDE. I reboot, same background..

Any ideas short of re-installing KDE?

#2 nadha

nadha

CC Regular

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:54 AM

I can no longer change my KDE 3.5 background. I go into "Configure Desktop", select a new background, apply, ok. The background does not change. I refresh the background and it is the same.

I go back into "Configure Desktop" and I can see it has the background I chose but that isn't the background I see on KDE. I reboot, same background..

Any ideas short of re-installing KDE?

I think it some thing to do with your installation. You find all the information on the CD you use to install .. Just re install the software and find whether there are still problems.

#3 Tor

Tor

CC Devotee

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 06:19 AM

Have you tried to delete you .kde directory in your home dir? This will delete all settings and may fix the problem.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download