Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Low Sound?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Prog

Prog

CC Resident

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 04:48 PM

I have my volume turned all the way up but i still can't hear anything. In Windows it isn't loud but I can at least hear it. Anyone have any ideas how I can make it louder other than putting in head phones?

It is kind of a killer for Linux so far.

#2 v0id

v0id

Retired

• Retired Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2313 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 12:05 AM

Where have you turned your volume all the way up? On the speakers themselves, or in Linux? It doesn't help to turn up your volume on your speakers, if it isn't turned up inside Linux, and vice versa.

#3 Guest_Jordan_*

Guest_Jordan_*

Posted 18 July 2008 - 04:08 AM

What v0id said is true. I had the same problem and looked at the master volume control. One of the settings was very low which was causing my entire sound system to sound low. Check your master volume controls in Linux.

#4 TcM

TcM

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7563 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 04:22 AM

Yes, once that happened on Windows.. the system volume was full, but the master volume in the application that came with the drivers was set to mute...

#5 nadha

nadha

CC Regular

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:02 AM

I have my volume turned all the way up but i still can't hear anything. In Windows it isn't loud but I can at least hear it. Anyone have any ideas how I can make it louder other than putting in head phones?

It is kind of a killer for Linux so far.

The low sound may be because of the Speaker. If the speaker is ok then try the upgrades of software to sound. It must become normal

#6 Tor

Tor

CC Devotee

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 06:09 AM

I've seen this problem on a friends laptop. He hasn't found a fix either.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download