Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

MacBook Air

mac

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 rumen

rumen

CC Addict

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 12:00 AM

What do you think about the new addition to the Mac Book line? Is it worth it? Drop a line here:)

#2 Tor

Tor

CC Devotee

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 03:35 AM

I've never used it but it looks awesome! I can't believe it fits into an envelope. The stats look good on it for its small size too.

#3 rumen

rumen

CC Addict

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 03:13 AM

It's awesome, but it has some downfalls such as no DVD Rom:)

#4 Tor

Tor

CC Devotee

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 01:12 PM

I didn't think about that. That would be a major drawback. I imagine all the owners carry around external USB drives?

#5 Penguinlord

Penguinlord

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 12:52 PM

People are always complaining that the macbook air doesn't have an optical drive. I however never actually use CDs or DVDs, almost everything can be done with USB or portable Hard Drives. Data could also be simply transfered over the interent, take netflix for example. Why would you need to place a DVD in the computer when you can watch it online. :)

#6 Tor

Tor

CC Devotee

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 05:26 AM

You are right. What do you do when you buy software and it only comes in DVD/CD format though? I'm just curious. I suppose you could rip them to an ISO on another computer and mount them? Or do you have an external USB DVD that you could use?

#7 Penguinlord

Penguinlord

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 01:08 PM

Good Point, I am not positive, but I believe that the macbook air can access the CD/DVD of other registered computers on a wireless network.

There is a video for proof that I am not making this up.Go to apples website under macbook air. Go to 5min 42 seconds. That is where they talk about optical drives.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mac

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download