Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

- - - - -

RAM Problem

hardware

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#13 Rabscuttle

Rabscuttle

CC Newcomer

• No Access
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 01:38 PM

Tor si absolutely right, VMWare runs circles around virtual PC and would be better for any OS run under XP.. All my Linux installs are usually done either on a Live disc or under a Virtual window.

#14 Oigen

Oigen

CC Addict

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 05:49 AM

I don't really know, but it sounds more like a software issue rather than a hardware one.

#15 najaubais

najaubais

CC Regular

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:35 AM

Was the problem settled? Have you re installed it like it was told..

#16 nadha

nadha

CC Regular

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:50 AM

Well I run Ubuntu on Virtual PC and when I increased the RAM ( Virtually ) It wouldn't start up! Then I tried reducing to to the original amount that it previously had and everything ran fine again! So what if I need to upgrade the RAM? I will have to Re-Install the whole OS?

Thanks
Tcm9669

The problem may be something to do with the new Ram you bought. WHy dont you check whether it is working with some other machines.. I think it may be defect.

#17 senecaz

senecaz

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 05:07 PM

just remove and install the new one. no other special thing to do. this has also been what you do in windows.with a virtual os, it wouldn't matter as it can automatically detect the amount of ram you have although you can change the values on what the virtual os would consume.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hardware

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download