Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

- - - - -

I need your help! Ascii Bin

ascii

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Jordan_*

Guest_Jordan_*

Posted 11 April 2009 - 07:31 AM

You may have seen some sporadic babbling from me about a new project. I'm finally at a "beta" stage and I'm wondering if any of you will take the time to help me test it?

Ascii Bin - Copy between Computers

At first glance, you may not know what it is for, so here is a link to the about page: Ascii Bin - Copy between Copmuters

I need anyone who is willing to sign-up for an account (free) and paste items. If you don't want an account, just go paste your clipboard with different items and tell me of your experience. What is wrong with it?

If you can hack it, do it. I've taken precautions against SQL injection, session hijacking and XSS but I may have (more like probably) missed something, so have at it!

If you see anything that should be there that isn't, let me know. If you think any graphics suck, let me know.

I'll be posting some graphics work and hacking work in the freelance section shortly after some bugs are worked out.

#2 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8356 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 08:03 AM

A couple of things just from trying out the Edit Account bit:

• I cannot upload my CC avatar.

• When I click save, it tells me that my new password was not entered. The thing is, I didn't want to change the password in the first place.

• Because of the above, all my entered data was erased.

• The button should say "Save Changes", not "Edit Account".
  • I can't Paste anything without first deleting the word "Xav" from the email field in the Advanced Options, as it comes up with a message telling me that the email is invalid.
    What??
  • The Paste button needs to be relabelled, people might confuse it with actual copy/paste.

-rep

Edited by Jordan, 13 April 2009 - 05:47 AM.

If you enjoy reading this discussion and are thinking about commenting, why not click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

#3 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 8356 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 08:07 AM

EDITED, see above
If you enjoy reading this discussion and are thinking about commenting, why not click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

#4 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 8356 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 08:10 AM

Ah, and also:

7. It adds in escape characters for speech marks etc. Fine, but by the time the user wants to view their post again, the escape characters should be gone, because they completely mess up the post.

8. When you edit a post, it should say "Post Updated", not "Post Added". It actually adds a post, rather than edits it! This is because it does add a new Bin, you can't edit a bin.

9. The RSS feed doesn't show my name.

10. I posted a line of JavaScript as my Paste Post (heh heh, PP). When I go to My Bins, it just shows an empty space for the content of the post, until I open it up and then it shows the JS post.

11. The RSS feed doesn't show the JS code I posted, so either it's being parsed or it's being ignored.

That should be enough for you to be getting on with.

Edited by Jordan, 13 April 2009 - 06:26 AM.

#5 Guest_Jordan_*

Guest_Jordan_*

Posted 11 April 2009 - 11:19 AM

Thank you, Xav. I think I know the reason for account editing problems (whoops, I didn't update the tables properly). I will look into and fix the rest. :)
Posted via CodeCall Mobile

#6 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 8356 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 12:02 PM

Tell me when it's done so I can retest. Don't forget the triple +rep you promised me. ;)

#7 John

John

CC Mentor

• 4450 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 01:32 PM

You didn't use ionManager. -rep

#8 Guest_Jordan_*

Guest_Jordan_*

Posted 11 April 2009 - 01:35 PM

You didn't complete it. -rep x2

#9 amrosama

amrosama

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 2765 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 02:02 PM

till now i got no problems using it
looks good, the avatar doesnt show up btw
yo homie i heard you like one-line codes so i put a one line code that evals a decrypted one line code that prints "i love one line codes"
eval(base64_decode("cHJpbnQgJ2kgbG92ZSBvbmUtbGluZSBjb2Rlcyc7"));
www.amrosama.com | the unholy methods of javascript

#10 Guest_Jordan_*

Guest_Jordan_*

Posted 11 April 2009 - 02:04 PM

Thanks for testing. Do you think it is useful?

#11 amrosama

amrosama

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 2765 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 02:09 PM

i was in situations before when i had to open msn on both pcs to send a stupid link
this would be a nice solution for students in labs
yo homie i heard you like one-line codes so i put a one line code that evals a decrypted one line code that prints "i love one line codes"
eval(base64_decode("cHJpbnQgJ2kgbG92ZSBvbmUtbGluZSBjb2Rlcyc7"));
www.amrosama.com | the unholy methods of javascript

#12 Guest_Jordan_*

Guest_Jordan_*

Posted 11 April 2009 - 02:12 PM

Good! Any bugs aside from the ones mentioned?

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download