Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Joomla login modification

authentication login

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Orjan

Orjan

CC Mentor

• 2918 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Pascal
  • Learning:Java, C#

Posted 24 February 2009 - 08:09 AM

Hello!

I'm just starting a project, and in this it's decided to use joomla 1.5 as base.
this is a support system to another web system and need to take it's login from this system, connected by a special authorization system called OAuth.

Is this possible to do? Anyone with experience to work with authentications and Joomla?

I'm a System developer at XLENT Consultant Group mainly working with SugarCRM.
Please DO NOT send mail or PM to me with programming questions, post them in the appropriate forum instead, where I and others can answer you.

#2 luruke

luruke

CC Regular

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 08:19 AM

yes, it's possible

#3 Orjan

Orjan

CC Mentor

• 2918 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 08:59 AM

okey, I almost guessed that, but what basic knowledge is needed how to make it happen?

anyone has any good information for this?

Please DO NOT send mail or PM to me with programming questions, post them in the appropriate forum instead, where I and others can answer you.

#4 Guest_Jordan_*

Guest_Jordan_*

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:29 AM

You can bridge the user databases or you can modify the core Joomla code. You don't need much knowledge other than PHP and SQL, which you have ample of.

Posted via CodeCall Mobile

#5 Orjan

Orjan

CC Mentor

• 2918 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:51 AM

Well, yes, but in this case, a user authorization token is sent back and forth via xml calls to the main site, where this joomla system has no real access to, except for this authorization possibility.

#6 Guest_Jordan_*

Guest_Jordan_*

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:27 AM

Then you'll need to modify the Joomla core code, overwriting the built-in authentication method.

#7 Orjan

Orjan

CC Mentor

• 2918 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:53 AM

hmm.. okey, then maybe it would be easier to add a custom user field or similar storing their userid (which is used in the token communication) and run a validation after a local validation to the local database (ie means double user registration)

or do you have any other suggestion in how to be able to validate that the current user is a specified user at that main system?

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download