Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Logo Selection

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#13 Guest_Jordan_*

Guest_Jordan_*

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:03 AM

I think this is funny. Not as bad as phpforfun though. He too posted a poll and got many votes then went with an unrelated logo.

#14 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8356 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:04 AM

I suppose it's his choice. After all, you recommended a colour scheme to me, and I still went with green on green.
If you enjoy reading this discussion and are thinking about commenting, why not click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

#15 Guest_Jordan_*

Guest_Jordan_*

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:09 AM

True - but think of all the electrons we wasted voting?

#16 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 8356 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:11 AM

I didn't even hold a vote, for fear that it would get locked and me infracted for such bad taste in web design.
If you enjoy reading this discussion and are thinking about commenting, why not click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

#17 Guest_Jordan_*

Guest_Jordan_*

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:14 AM

You know.. We do have an infraction for bad web design. I've only seen it given out once to some Pole that did Color1 on Color1 type designs.

#18 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 8356 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:22 AM

Oh, that explains it..

What about Color1 on Color2 type designs, WHERE COLOR1 = COLOR2?

#19 Guest_Jordan_*

Guest_Jordan_*

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:27 AM

The infraction doesn't apply in that situation.

#20 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 8356 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:29 AM

In that case I will call one shade of green COLOR1, and call the other COLOR2. Both colors will be instances of the same colour.

#21 Guest_Jordan_*

Guest_Jordan_*

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:34 AM

Although still bad design, this does not cause an infraction.

#22 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 8356 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:38 AM

Is the infraction on a cron job, which follows links in users' signatures and examines contrast?

#23 Guest_Jordan_*

Guest_Jordan_*

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:43 AM

Yes. It is named CCLIC - CodeCall Link Infraction Crawler. We used the same algorithm that Google uses.

#24 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 8356 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:46 AM

I think that needs to go in the CC wiki, otherwise nobody will be put off from trying to SEO by posting their website in their signature. Some people just don't seem to get it.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download