Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Logo Selection

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 morefood2001

morefood2001

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1011 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:25 AM

Hi,

I will likely be choosing a logo today or tomorrow, but I've narrowed my selection down to 4 logos.

http://famousphil.com/logo.jpg which logo do you think I should choose for this template: Website Template #18760 by Delta

The site that will be using it is adminreference.com
If you enjoy reading this discussion and are thinking about commenting, why not click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

#2 Guest_Jordan_*

Guest_Jordan_*

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:50 AM

Voted 1032. That will look nice with the theme you posted.

#3 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:34 AM

1032. It's very elegant.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#4 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8356 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:23 AM

I think the poll is slightly biased, because 1032 has been made much larger than the other ones. :)
If you enjoy reading this discussion and are thinking about commenting, why not click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

#5 morefood2001

morefood2001

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1011 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:48 AM

Its a really nice logo, but I never thought that size might matter lol.

#6 Guest_Jordan_*

Guest_Jordan_*

Posted 13 February 2009 - 12:32 PM

He has a point. It is the first one you see and your eyes are attracted it to it. Did you do this on purpose? :)

#7 John

John

CC Mentor

• 4450 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 01:25 PM

Interestingly enough, color rather than size is what my eyes were immediately attracted to. Thus I voted 1171

#8 Orjan

Orjan

CC Mentor

• 2918 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Pascal
  • Learning:Java, C#

Posted 13 February 2009 - 01:35 PM

I'd say 1032 or 1171. The thaught I have on 1032 is if the company name will become too small to be well visible on the rather high logo at smaller places.

I'd think I'd modify 1032 and put the symbol in front of the text.

#9 morefood2001

morefood2001

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1011 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 05:10 PM

I put my vote on 1032 so I could see the results without having to click view results every time, so at this point, its 3 vs 2.

I too like the colors more, it reminds me of Microsoft Windows (the logo). It also looks a little like Helm (a web control panel like Cpanel and Plesk but for Windows).

So what I'm going to do is try both on the template, see what stands out more, then use that. The company name will not exist at first. It may show up on business cards/shirts if I ever get that far, but for now, its just to get a really nice site up so I can start compiling my data into one location as a solid reference :) When its done, that is when I intend on spreading the word about it more.

#10 John

John

CC Mentor

• 4450 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:13 PM

Which one did you decide to go with?

#11 morefood2001

morefood2001

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1011 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:23 PM

1171, it looks so much nicer on the template than the other because it matches the buttons and stands out surprisingly well! Look for a somewhat completed site in a week or two :)

#12 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8356 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:57 AM

I too like the colors more, it reminds me of Microsoft Windows

That needs to go in the Funny Member Quotes thread!

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download