Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Auction Script Recommendations

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tsolorio

tsolorio

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:24 PM

I've been asked by 2 new auctioneers for scripts to auction off contents from houses that have been sold. I want perl/CGI scripts since that's what I'm more accustomed to. But I see a lot of the scripts are PHP. I want to get into PHP later but I don't want to use my 2 possible customers as test subjects. I've got a list of some that I've seen listed in several places. Is there anyone that has used any of these or can recommend one that I may not have come across.
I'm still researching so this isn't all I plan on finding on my own.

EveryAuction Perl Free (but appears to not be supported anymore)
PerlAuction Perl $549
Auction Website CGI Perl $10

I wish I had the experience to write my own script from scratch but I know that I don't have enough experience to do it correctly.

#2 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 10 February 2009 - 03:40 AM

I would ask the two non-free ones for a demo to see how easy they are to use, then would use the cheapest one that meets your needs. If they won't let you see a demo for a $550 product, they aren't worth it.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#3 KevinADC

KevinADC

CC Addict

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 10:52 AM

Auction-Script - Powered by vBulletin

#4 robertflorish

robertflorish

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:06 AM

AJ Auction Software is the best professional php auction script software and it is available in language pack for Chinese, Croatian, Persian, French, Germany, Italy, Russian, Spanish, Turkish.AJ Auction Pro Language Pack, in UTF-8 with all files and buttons and ready for installation, now it’s easier to download and install it in your own languages.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download