Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Game created in Delphi 7

delphi

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Andreilp

Andreilp

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:18 PM

Hei, i've just finished making a very very nice game in Delhphi for my final exam.
You can download it here(just copy the link instead of clicking it :P):

fisierulmeu.ro/24M2AJMRCRNO/Remy-ver-1-1-rar.html

I'm looking forward to some feedback on how to improve the game or such.
:D

Note: you first have to run Setup.bat to instal an ActiveX, and only after you can run Remy.exe :)

#2 amrosama

amrosama

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2765 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:21 PM

ill try it
yo homie i heard you like one-line codes so i put a one line code that evals a decrypted one line code that prints "i love one line codes"
eval(base64_decode("cHJpbnQgJ2kgbG92ZSBvbmUtbGluZSBjb2Rlcyc7"));
www.amrosama.com | the unholy methods of javascript

#3 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:55 PM

Also, I deleted your duplicate thread.

I also don't like batch files that copy files that Microsoft should already be installing for me and has a number of known security issues. I'd be happy to compile it if you provided the source code, however.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#4 Andreilp

Andreilp

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:35 AM

:) don't really want to give away the source code....but hei, it's safe. lol, What can i say so you'll belive me? :)
sry...

#5 chili5

chili5

CC Mentor

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3038 posts
  • Programming Language:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Ruby, Transact-SQL
  • Learning:C, Java, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Ruby, Transact-SQL, Assembly, Scheme, Haskell, Others

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:24 AM

I don't really want to try running it either. I'm sure it's great though! :D I'm just not so sure to run an executable, that I don't know much about.

You could say to WP, "I'll send you the source code in a PM.". ;)

#6 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

• 17757 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:01 AM

I'm just one of those people that is cautious about spyware/other nasty stuff. As a result, I only download software from reputable sites, with standard installations, etc. I did look in your folders (on my linux system) and you could probably rework your gifs to jpgs and not require the activeX component.

#7 Andreilp

Andreilp

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:17 AM

Yep, that's the cause i've used ActiveX... i tried but i couldn't find a way around the problem of the .gif files.... And no, i can't not use them as i need the gifs for their transparency abilities :P

#8 zarokroto

zarokroto

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:08 AM

nice game

#9 j0rd4nn

j0rd4nn

CC Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 02:16 AM

No offence to you, I would try it, but your lack of post's and information concerns me. Also, the fact that 'zarokroto' joined 2 days after this was posted, said it was a 'nice game' and also has only 2 post's makes me wonder..

Gratz anyways. And sorry if I'm reading into this too deep.

#10 Andreilp

Andreilp

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 01:12 AM

Jesus fu**ing Chist you people are stupid :)))))) .... It's like it would make your PC explode or something.

Let's try this another way.... in 2007 i had entered a software contest/presentation with this game and won first prize on the local district phase, i went nationaly but only got 30 something place. Here's the link, (you can't understand cause it's in Romanian, but at least check out the Screenshots, it's the same f***ing game)

infoeducatie.ro/2007/participanti.php?what=740

You wanted the source code.... it has thousands of SLOC ... you would have gome through all of them or what? ... I don't think so...

And j0rd4nn .... try having some faith bro'... "sorry if I'm reading into this too deep" .... no shait :)))))

Ah yes, just one more thing, so no one will have any doubts .... I said in the first post "Hei, i've just finished making a very very nice game" ... the game was finished in a way in 2007, when i entered it into the contest..... but it had a lot of bugs... Only now, i sat down and reworked the entire thing... So like i said "I've just finised making" it

P.S. If ANYBODY tries the game ... a "veteran" of this forum, please, PLEASE post a coment for these people...

#11 Coder Zombie

Coder Zombie

CC Regular

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:31 PM

Jesus fu**ing Chist you people are stupid :)))))) .... It's like it would make your PC explode or something.

Let's try this another way.... in 2007 i had entered a software contest/presentation with this game and won first prize on the local district phase, i went nationaly but only got 30 something place. Here's the link, (you can't understand cause it's in Romanian, but at least check out the Screenshots, it's the same f***ing game)

infoeducatie.ro/2007/participanti.php?what=740

You wanted the source code.... it has thousands of SLOC ... you would have gome through all of them or what? ... I don't think so...

And j0rd4nn .... try having some faith bro'... "sorry if I'm reading into this too deep" .... no shait :)))))

Ah yes, just one more thing, so no one will have any doubts .... I said in the first post "Hei, i've just finished making a very very nice game" ... the game was finished in a way in 2007, when i entered it into the contest..... but it had a lot of bugs... Only now, i sat down and reworked the entire thing... So like i said "I've just finised making" it

P.S. If ANYBODY tries the game ... a "veteran" of this forum, please, PLEASE post a coment for these people...

I heard if you run this game the gates of hades open and zombies will rise and people will start using COBOL for RAD.BTW I think I saw the source in the Necronomicon.

#12 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

• 17757 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 05:38 AM

There is a simple process I use to protect myself from viruses: I only download software from reputable sites. Places like tucows.com, freewarefiles.com and sourceforge.net come to mind. When someone posts a link to a site outside that rather narrow list, I simply refuse to download it or run it. It's nothing personal, just paranoia. The site you posted your program to may be reputable in your country, but since I've never heard of it, and cannot read the language, it necessarily defaults to the "not known to be reputable (by me)" category.

The reason for this attitude is simple: I've read far to many stories about using social-engineering to distribute spyware, malware, viruses, etc. I've read stories about people handing out "free CDs" on the street that had auto-run programs to silently install spyware, etc. I have no doubt that you have a game. Odds are, it is only a game. If I want to be security-conscious, I have to take a very hard-nosed approach to taking care with what I download.

If you are interested in sharing your program, I suggest that you distribute it via a site that does some testing to make sure your program doesn't contain malicious code. Getting angry at us for not downloading your program when we've explained the reasons not to just makes me more suspicious, not less.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download