Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Firefox is officially stupid as of today...

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#25 Donovan

Donovan

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Learning:Java, Objective-C, PHP, JavaScript, Perl, PL/SQL, ActionScript, VBScript, Others

Posted 26 December 2008 - 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by xXHalfSliceXx View Post
As for your problem. I am guessing you updated to the new FireFox 3.0

And you are not REQUIRED to update to continue. FF always asks if you want to update.

You more than likely read it incorrectly. I prob said you had to restart in order to use the new update.

Yes the new FF3 has issues, security and whatnot. But so did FF2 when it came out. You can always reinstall FF2 or an earlier version of FF2. And wait a month or two.

Also for you guys that test in FF and IE.

FF now has an addon that you can Open an IE window WITHIN FF.

I do not have a problem with stuff on FF, most of my coding issues are within IE for some reason.

N e ways, you are welcome to PM me with the issue on FF.

"ADDIN"

Try not to tie in the Forums credibility to any user including the name Meth. He has been banned. But the continuing issue is at hand. We are sorry for the unneeded comments, and will continue to serve the community at the level we have been.

Thank you, I didn't know that you could cancel the update must have misread it..

#26 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8356 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 12:50 PM

I like tables a lot... for laying out tabular data. I agree that layout should be done with div tags.

Oh, I most certainly agree. Using <div> tags for layouts is simply more work; tables are designed to lay out tabular data, so we should utilise them.
If you enjoy reading this discussion and are thinking about commenting, why not click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

#27 paramiliar

paramiliar

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:45 PM

Also for you guys that test in FF and IE.

I do not have a problem with stuff on FF, most of my coding issues are within IE for some reason.

The reason IE gives you the most grief is they dont follow the standards set out by the W3C.

Firefox is more standards compliant hence the reason things work better in FF

The general rule in website development . design or online application developent is

"Develop for firefox, hack for Internet Explorer"

even with the new version 8 of IE you still have to do nasty hacks to get things to look how they should its very anoying.

I like the addon for firefox as well, my only drawback with it is it uses your IE installed on the machine, sadly I have to test a lot of my online applications with IE6 as clients use **** old machines and there is no option for this yet :(

#28 MathX

MathX

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1038 posts
  • Programming Language:Java

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:19 AM

use Chrome :D

Interested in participating in community events?
Want to harness your programming skill and turn it into absolute prowess?
Come join our programming events!

#29 paramiliar

paramiliar

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:42 AM

While chrome is good especially for online applications due to the speed of javascript I still feel it lacks a lot of features firefox offers.

#30 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8356 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:58 PM

I have known about this for ages, it's the famous IE Tab.
If you enjoy reading this discussion and are thinking about commenting, why not click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download