Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Firefox is officially stupid as of today...

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Donovan

Donovan

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Learning:Java, Objective-C, PHP, JavaScript, Perl, PL/SQL, ActionScript, VBScript, Others

Posted 22 December 2008 - 12:20 PM

Alright, yesterday I was prompted to install the new firefox update or I would not let me continue using firefox. So, I installed the firefox update closed and reopened firefox and used it normally. Then, before I went to bed I had shutdown my computer. Now, today I wake up and start using firefox but all of a sudden I am prompted with a security certificate error. It happens with MSN, Yahoo, ect. Not only does it do that but it changes the look of the website into a basic html format with to pictures, graphic, or anything related to that matter. The only thing it will show are links or image boxes without the image being loaded. This only happens to certain websites. Things like codecall or other forums are fine.. So, what started all this madness? Apparently, firefox wanted to "enhance" there security settings by allowing people to choose what sites they wanted to load.. By doing that the totally eliminating any access to sites until the users adds the exception. So, now ever time I visit some web pages that does not have a preloaded security certificate I am prompted by firefox to add one. This may not seem like a big of deal to some people, but for me I think it is total BS to have to add an exception to every single website you visit. It is crazy!

#2 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8356 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 12:22 PM

Don't you DARE insult Firefox! -rep

Lol jk. That sounds stupid, although I have never had an issue with it, so.. nya!
If you enjoy reading this discussion and are thinking about commenting, why not click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

#3 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 8356 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 12:32 PM

Who, me? It must be Donovan you are referring to. :)
If you enjoy reading this discussion and are thinking about commenting, why not click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

#4 Donovan

Donovan

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Learning:Java, Objective-C, PHP, JavaScript, Perl, PL/SQL, ActionScript, VBScript, Others

Posted 22 December 2008 - 12:34 PM

LMAO you moron.

What is it with you people jesus. I swear there is no need for some of the ****ty comments people make.

#5 Donovan

Donovan

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 12:35 PM

I'll get right on that. Idiot.

W/e ignored.

#6 Donovan

Donovan

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 01:20 PM

From what I am reading on the Fire Fox web page, One of the moderators made a news post about the security settings and the complaints. Fire Fox said that they are going to make a new update to try and fix this issue.. lol personally I think they should not have made the update in the first place but oh well.

#7 Guest_Jordan_*

Guest_Jordan_*

Posted 22 December 2008 - 01:42 PM

Moved to correct forum.

#8 Donovan

Donovan

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:50 PM

Moved to correct forum.

#9 amrosama

amrosama

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 2765 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 03:54 AM

MOVE ON TO OPERA
im a big fan of it
yo homie i heard you like one-line codes so i put a one line code that evals a decrypted one line code that prints "i love one line codes"
eval(base64_decode("cHJpbnQgJ2kgbG92ZSBvbmUtbGluZSBjb2Rlcyc7"));
www.amrosama.com | the unholy methods of javascript

#10 Guest_Jordan_*

Guest_Jordan_*

Posted 23 December 2008 - 06:44 AM

Opera stinks. The addons are horrible little floating Java widgets that don't even dock.

#11 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 23 December 2008 - 08:55 AM

I actually installed Chrome today... it looks promising, but I don't know if I'll use it regularly.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#12 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 8356 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 11:37 AM

Why not just move on to IE? I hear it's far better than FF. :)

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download