Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

*resisting Hello World title*

hello world

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ZipOnTrousers

ZipOnTrousers

CC Resident

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 05:44 AM

Aight people, new to the forums. Basically:

Live in Aberdeen, Scotland and am currently studying an MsC in Computing Graphics and Animation. In first year and about to start formally studying Java, having spent our first term of Software Development using the 3D animation programming environment Alice, which really is (imo) the best introduction to OOP you can get when taught correctly.

In the later years of my course I'll get to learn C++ and therefore in the next year or so when I'm comfortable enough in Java to pick up a second language I plan to learn C, before moving onto C++ in third year. Python really interests me so no doubt I'll put some effort into that, as does web design. Basically, I want to learn. Lots.

Joined this community because I think of it as a learning asset, being part of a community of like minded people who can help and, eventually, being one of those who CAN help will be invaluable. Plus theres always the chance a group of us will team up on some project in the future and make millions lol >_>

My main weakness is a fairly poor math background, but through my course I'm being taught applied maths in one module and my confidence has come on leaps and bounds (learned the basics of data sets, statistics, linear algebra and boolean algebra so its really helped).

Thats the intro out of the way, off to start posting. Later.

#2 Guest_Jordan_*

Guest_Jordan_*

Posted 07 November 2008 - 09:24 AM

Hey ZipOnTrousers, welcome to the forum! Funny name and an excellent Intro. We have another member from Scotland although I cannot remember who. If you need any help at all don't hesitate to ask.

#3 Egz0N

Egz0N

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1155 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 09:36 AM

Hello, Welcome to CC ..! :D

#4 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8356 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 11:03 AM

Hurrah, another UK resident.

Welcome to CC!
If you enjoy reading this discussion and are thinking about commenting, why not click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

#5 John

John

CC Mentor

• 4450 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 01:35 PM

Hello ZipOnTrousers, Welcome to CodeCall!

#6 Turk4n

Turk4n

???

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, PHP, Python, Bash
  • Learning:C++, C#, JavaScript, Visual Basic .NET, Others

Posted 16 January 2009 - 12:58 AM

Welcome and have fun here !

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hello world

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download