Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

C++: Just some stuff....

linked list variable type

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#13 void_3e01

void_3e01

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 09:29 PM

It most certainly was not intended to be interpreted as that.

A language implementor is one who writes a language implementation: i.e., a compiler. As such, the standards carved out a namespace especially for them, one in which tokens begin with a leading underscore (and there are further rules). That is the nature of the inquiry: "are you familiar with when you can and cannot use leading underscores?"

I gotcha. I could only guess your opinion was meant to be destructive and not meant as an inquiry. I guess I took the wrong meaning of the word "implementor" too personally. Sorry about that. Though the other guy... I'm not sure what his deal is, truly.

P.S. Your link

Oh haha, yea. Now I see what you meant exactly -- but very minute. That's like saying that all multi-line comments should have '*' before each line because the programmer for VIM decided he wanted to put those as the default spacer when you start a comment. I use underscores to help make my own variable names or structures easier for me to read. We all have our own coding styles. Some like to go to the next line when they write a function to open their brace, some stay on the same line, some write BS 'net bios attack' applications to trick newbs, and others take the time to learn. It's all in what you prefer.

- Hex

#14 MeTh0Dz

MeTh0Dz

CC Leader

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1726 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 04:05 AM

Wow are you really trying to talk **** to me because you fail at explaining things and have ****ty English skills.

**** you and your **** code snippets.

Also you are trying to judge me based on some code that does exactly what is entitled. You probably should go jump off of a cliff. Oh wait, but you have a string class. LOL

#15 void_3e01

void_3e01

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 07:27 AM

*clap clap*
MeTh0Dz you've earned a ride on my

;~
         ./|\.
       ./ /| `\.
      /  | |   `\.
     |   | |     `\.
     |    \|Phail  `\.
   .  `----|__Boat___\.
    \-----''----.....___
     \               ""/
~^~^~^~^~^`~^~^`^~^~^`^~^~^
 ~^~^~`~~^~^`~^~^~`~~^~^~

Lawl.

#16 MeTh0Dz

MeTh0Dz

CC Leader

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1726 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 07:37 AM

void you've earned a ride onto my ****ty coders list.

Congratulations.

PS. You should check out grammar for noobs.

And I also like the way you like to talk about the one piece of code that you've seen of mine, which I just stuck up real quick. Making some really good points with that. Because it is definitely the only thing I've ever written. ****ing nub.

*EDIT* Apparently I'll have to put some more code on my site so people like you will be more likely to not talk.

#17 Guest_Jordan_*

Guest_Jordan_*

Posted 14 October 2008 - 08:46 AM

Thanks for posting void_3e01. I'm going to move this to the code section and change the title to reflect the language.

#18 morefood2001

morefood2001

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1011 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 08:54 AM

Since you took the time to post all of these code snippets here, I feel that you deserve +rep. Keep up the great work!

Who knows, I might actually use this code some time :)
If you enjoy reading this discussion and are thinking about commenting, why not click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: linked list, variable type

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download