Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Convert a project from VC# Express 2008 to Visual Studio 2008?

visual studio 2008

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 whoiga

whoiga

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:46 PM

I have both Visual Studio 2008 and Visual C# Express 2008, and I have a project from Visual C# Express 2008 that I'd like to convert to a Visual Studio 2008 project.

I can open the project with VS 2008, and can build it and everything, however it does not actually overwrite previous builds in the project's directories and etc. It's as if the changes I make are only going to be present for as long as I keep VS 2008 open with the VC# Express project loaded.

Is there a way to do this, and if so, is it easy?

I want to discard my need for Visual C# Express 2008, but if I cannot fully edit and maintain my existing VC# Express projects with VS 2008, then I can't get rid of VC# Express (yet, anyway).

This is kind of frustrating.

#2 Guest_Jordan_*

Guest_Jordan_*

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:49 PM

I don't understand. If you open it using VS2008 and make a change to the source, save it, close it and open it again does the change not persist?

#3 whoiga

whoiga

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:53 PM

The change will be there, but let's say I build the solution. If I close out of VS 2008 and then browse to the bin\Debug directory, double-click on the exe, the changes in my application are not present. I can't explain it either, it's the weirdest thing.

Edit: Meh, just tried again and it made a liar out of me. Not sure what the problem was, now it seems to be just fine. *sigh*

#4 Guest_Jordan_*

Guest_Jordan_*

Posted 03 October 2008 - 02:21 PM

lol, that happens. I tell my boss to come look at something weird and as soon as he is present it doesn't happen the way I said it would. There is nothing consistent about electricity. :)

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download