Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Login Hotmail with C#...

login

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#25 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8356 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:35 PM

Well, considering it's their profession to design websites, coders should really be more aware. Really... :)
If you enjoy reading this discussion and are thinking about commenting, why not click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

#26 outsid3r

outsid3r

CC Devotee

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:41 PM

I don't undestand how they miss such an important part like that !

#27 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 8356 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 09:36 AM

I suppose there are lots of things to consider, so to be fair it is an easy thing to do... not.

There is no excuse for lax security.
If you enjoy reading this discussion and are thinking about commenting, why not click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

#28 outsid3r

outsid3r

CC Devotee

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 03:34 AM

well, about the password cracker, i have done it and connected the generated passwords to hi5 login, the problem now is, the server don't answer at the 3 try, but the strange is, if i use for example, the ms fiddler (proxy for debugging) i can connect around 4000 times, but the proxy crashes around 4000 trys.
Any ideias?
I don't undestand why i can connect much more times using a proxy...

#29 whoiga

whoiga

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 09:42 AM

There is no excuse for lax security.

I generally agree, but there are some instances in which people go overboard with implementing so many security features and failsafes that they destroy the purpose, usability, interoperability, and user friendliness of their products/services. Being "security aware" is entirely different from being "blatantly paranoid," the latter of which is extremely detrimental to productivity and longevity.

You can't plan for everything, so to try is both futile and costly (costly of both time and money). You can plan for the most common and most expected vulnerabilities though, and should target those with your best efforts. Once those are taken care of, you can plan for a few various wildcard worst case scenarios, but you'll never reach a "catch-all" peak unless you just disconnect your products/services from the world.

#30 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 8356 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 10:07 AM

I honestly can't think of many instances when security has destroyed usability, except for easy CAPTCHA checks and the like. But then again, none of my work has ever really needed to be specifically secure.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: login

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download