Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Login Hotmail with C#...

login

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#13 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8356 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 11:43 AM

There's certainly an easy way to check if it's the IPs - do it 10 times on one machine until you get barred, then try it on a different machine.
If you enjoy reading this discussion and are thinking about commenting, why not click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

#14 outsid3r

outsid3r

CC Devotee

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 11:47 AM

There's certainly an easy way to check if it's the IPs - do it 10 times on one machine until you get barred, then try it on a different machine.

Yea i know, some websites after 10 wrong tries you must put the characters in the display image and other block the ip, but there are many that don't block so bruteforce them is easy, one example is hi5, try to enter with a wrong password 1000 times and they never block your ip.

#15 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 8356 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:08 PM

Maybe people don't tend to hack it, so they assume it doesn't need security. A bit stupid, though.
If you enjoy reading this discussion and are thinking about commenting, why not click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

#16 outsid3r

outsid3r

CC Devotee

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:12 PM

Maybe people don't tend to hack it, so they assume it doesn't need security. A bit stupid, though.

I agree, it's really a bit stupid but many login's in websites don't have security, but like you said, it's stupid, it's easy to make a protection system.

#17 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 8356 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:14 PM

You know what else I've heard? Some shopping websites ask you for credit card details. They never actually check them, but just go through with the transactions anyway! Can you believe that?

#18 outsid3r

outsid3r

CC Devotee

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:17 PM

You know what else I've heard? Some shopping websites ask you for credit card details. They never actually check them, but just go through with the transactions anyway! Can you believe that?

I didn't know that! But you know the system, they don't really care about the details, just the money in their pockets...

#19 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 8356 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:22 PM

The thing is: the criminals use it to check if credit cards are valid. They make small purchases, but then leave the site before confirming. That way they find out if CCs are active.

#20 outsid3r

outsid3r

CC Devotee

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:26 PM

The thing is: the criminals use it to check if credit cards are valid. They make small purchases, but then leave the site before confirming. That way they find out if CCs are active.

Yea it makes sense, they never get caught if they don't confirm the credit card details...

#21 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 8356 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:27 PM

Exactly! You're quick!

#22 outsid3r

outsid3r

CC Devotee

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:28 PM

Exactly! You're quick!

hahaha!

#23 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 8356 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:30 PM

It's actually quite scary to see how stupid some webmasters really are.

#24 outsid3r

outsid3r

CC Devotee

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:34 PM

It's actually quite scary to see how stupid some webmasters really are.

Really...
I'm not very informed about security in that kind of websites but since now you told me that, it's really a shame.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: login

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download