Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

How and which programming language is used to program this ?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 w!ck3d

w!ck3d

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 01:43 PM

I'll start with an example .. Let's assume that i want to code a program that will do the following tasks..
At 6:00 a.m, it will open Firefox, Go to Gmail, type in my username and password and once the mail is open, it will hit compose mail and then send an email to an email address of my choice.

I know that some email providers can do that but i'm just giving an example. Which programming language(s) is used to program such a program or a bot ? and any ideas of where i know more about these type of programs ?

I'm new to these forums and i didn't know where to post this, so if this isn't the appropriate forum, please be patient with me

#2 v0id

v0id

Retired

• Retired Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2313 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 04:11 AM

I think the easiest thing to do is to use AutoIt3.
If you enjoy reading this discussion and are thinking about commenting, why not click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

#3 mbshinde78

mbshinde78

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 07:21 AM

I think you can use Delphi 7 or higher to achieve this task.

#4 w!ck3d

w!ck3d

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 01:55 PM

Thanks for your reply ... i'm trying AutoHotKey now .. and it's pretty cool .. i'll try Autoit3 later ..

#5 w!ck3d

w!ck3d

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 01:56 PM

I think you can use Delphi 7 or higher to achieve this task.

what's Delphi 7 ?

#6 tossy

tossy

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 12:58 AM

I agree with v0id.
Microsoft: "You've got questions. We've got dancing paperclips
<a href="http://www.getzephyr.com">Test Management</a>

#7 Guest_Jordan_*

Guest_Jordan_*

Posted 18 September 2008 - 12:59 PM

Why would you want to load FF, type in the username/pass, compose an email? Why not just compose an email as a string and send it to the gmail SMTP server? It is senseless, IMO, to actually "type" the information onto an application when it can all be done silently.

#8 John

John

CC Mentor

• 4450 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 07:21 PM

Why would you want to load FF, type in the username/pass, compose an email? Why not just compose an email as a string and send it to the gmail SMTP server? It is senseless, IMO, to actually "type" the information onto an application when it can all be done silently.

I was wondering the same thing. Moreover, it is probably easier to do it silently, then to load FireFox, type in the username/password, then compose the email.

#9 w!ck3d

w!ck3d

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 10:45 PM

Well, that was just an example to simplify my question which is how to automate a process or stuff that we do repeatedly.
But anyways .. could you explain more about how to compose an email as a string and send it over to an email server ?

#10 ooisootuck

ooisootuck

CC Regular

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 05:32 AM

Jordan,

Would you please explain, I wish to know also.

#11 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 28 October 2008 - 07:38 AM

The process will depend somewhat on the language you choose to implement it in, but it's really the same logic as composing the email in ThunderBird and having it connect to the gmail server.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download