Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Ampersand

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#37 John

John

CC Mentor

• 4450 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 11:57 AM

PRINT is more recent than ECHO, so it is hardly slower than ECHO. It is much more logical to use the PRINT, but to use ECHO..

You are retarded.

Quoted from the PHP manual:

For a short discussion about the differences between print() and echo(), see this FAQTs Knowledge Base Article: » FAQTs - Knowledge Base - View Entry - What is the difference between echo and print?

If you bother to follow the link, you will see, the first difference is speed. However, since you clearly don't bother to research before making a statement, I will quote and bold the significant part to save you trouble.

Speed. There is a difference between the two, but speed-wise it should be irrelevant which one you use. echo is marginally faster since it doesn't set a return value if you really want to get down to the nitty gritty.

kthanxbye

#38 ArtoStiloz

ArtoStiloz

CC Addict

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 12:04 PM

A milisikund on or off, may well be the case indifferent. PRINT, I always preferable.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Http://www.ArtoStiloz.Dk

#39 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8356 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 12:06 PM

Why?
If you enjoy reading this discussion and are thinking about commenting, why not click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

#40 John

John

CC Mentor

• 4450 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 01:19 PM

Why?

Print does have some benefits I suppose, but none that I would ever find useful. And rather than making your next post: "What benefits?" read the link in my previous post. It will answer your question.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download