Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

[c#.net 2008 sp1] massive request!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Zayfox

Zayfox

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 09:27 PM

At the moment, it's 3:26PM. Which means for 4 hours I have been searching for a Battle.Net bot source code in C#. All I found was something called JiNX bot which had an error that was rather unfixable.

I want to create my own bot, either by learning from the source of another, or by help from other members of this forum. PLEASE HELP ME OUT!:(

Edited by Zayfox, 07 September 2008 - 01:34 AM.

#2 whoiga

whoiga

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 11:00 AM

It's been so long since I've had anything to do with Battle.net, but if they've changed much, or even if they haven't, the first thing to do is some data packet reversal. Battle.net is sort of IRC-esque, though IRC protocols and packet structures probably wouldn't come in handy.

Try finding out if Battle.net uses an encryption, and if anyone has reversed/documented that encryption.

The next thing to do will be to capture packets, decrypt them if they're encrypted, and then analyze the byte data, which is generally represented by hex values.

Chances are that, given Battle.net's simple nature, data packet reversal will be easier.

Some games/companies use their own protocols, such as Sony Online Entertainment, which for most all of their MMORPGs they use what is called the SOE Protocol, which is an attempt to improve UDP by grouping packets, containing classes of packets, and etc. There are different data channels, baselines, object controllers, and delta messages, etc. Chances are that Battle.net isn't that complex, if it even uses anything out-of-the-ordinary.

Once you know how to interpret data received from Bnet & how to send data to Bnet that it can interpret properly, you can start developing a bot - in C#, C++, Python, or just about any language you care to use.

Most will agree that dealing with low-level data is easier and more convenient in languages like C++, where you're able to do most of that within the language itself, and not rely on classes or structs from something like the .NET Framework, etc.

Even if you can't find source code for a C# Battle.net bot, try finding such source code in a different language - you would at least be able to identify what those developers were doing with packets.

I remember the old days with some of Battle.net's first bots, which were mostly ASCII or UltimateBot, but it seemed like Blizzard published updates to Battle.net fairly often to attempt to rid it of all of the millions of bots.

#3 Random

Random

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 02:02 AM

Let me help you out a bit. I'm still somewhat active on battle.net.

If your looking for source codes to learn from i suggest these two websites.

Valhalla Legends Forum - Index

This website has a vast amount of stuff about bots most on this forum are programmers from long ago.

Battle.Net Development Network - Powered by vBulletin

This is a newer website that has a bunch of different source codes that you can use. Also has a few people who also design bots you can get help from.

If you still cant find anything i suggest visiting channel: op W@R on the useast realm or finding one of us we can probably point you in the right way on how to start out.

But its pretty simple My suggestion is to start off using a bnls type server for your bot. Then move onto hashes when you feel more comfortable.

I agree with whoiga. if you don't know much about bots i suggest you start with a easier language such as VB.

You also have to remember if you code something wrong and such you can be ipbanned from battle.net between 20 minutes and 4 weeks. So be careful and test on opposite servers that you don't normally use.

#4 Zayfox

Zayfox

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 02:07 AM

Sorry for a late reply, problems with my programs + my laptop.
Mmmk, I used to code in VB, and I found from a friend that, once you learn it, C# > > VB, and I decided meh I'll learn it.

But its pretty simple My suggestion is to start off using a bnls type server for your bot. Then move onto hashes when you feel more comfortable.

Honestly I only intend to do BNLS, I really don't see the point of hashing, because when I use it, I don't seem to see any difference.

If I did get a source code, how hard would it be to change all the namespaces from like xBot to yBot?

Quite honestly I'm unsure of my abilities as a programmer, I've never decided "Right, from 12th Octember to the 31st February, I am gonna build some awesome program". I would certainly be able to do the basic stuff, but connection (eg sending of CDKeys, Name, password, etc.) is something I don't think I would be able to derive from somewhere. A lot of tutorials are difficult for me to understand, as they are designed for more advanced programmers, not a 14yr old =(

#5 Random

Random

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 09:26 AM

If you are unfamilar with any programming lanaguage i suggest you start off in vb get yourself familar with how bots work and connect to battle.net then move on from there. Also C# is ok but i prefur c++ better. There are a lot of source codes out there in vb a few in c++, fewer in php and perl.

You have to state what type of source code your looking for although it just sounds like you want to edit the bot so it has your name.

Back in the past we used to make people visit a website that explained the connection process and such it was hosted by a clan called [vL] the leader was skywing the site was called bnetdocs. It has everything there is to know about battle.net and it's connections for bots.

Your young i suggest you learn slowly because in a few months the protocal for most clients will be changing and if you just go off someone elses source code you will not be able to change with it.

Hashes have some advantages.

1. First of all they will always work as long as they are correct. Bnls servers tend to have some downtown.
2. You dont send your private information to a bnls server

BNLS used to be the only server you could use but JBLS is out now and a lot of people run their own servers.

My final suggestion is to learn slowly if you have no knowledge of programming your trying to get an exe before you even have a "hello world"

These things take time.

#6 Zayfox

Zayfox

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 11:10 PM

You have to state what type of source code your looking for although it just sounds like you want to edit the bot so it has your name.

I actually want a bot source code, to edit it's namespace etc. then see how it works and recreate my own bot from scratch.

If you are unfamilar with any programming lanaguage i suggest you start off in vb get yourself familar with how bots work and connect to battle.net then move on from there. Also C# is ok but i prefur c++ better. There are a lot of source codes out there in vb a few in c++, fewer in php and perl.

I spent a lot of time searching and found none that actually worked in VB, could you possibly link one?

You have to state what type of source code your looking for

Battle.Net bot that connects, can be used for chat and clan management.

#7 Random

Random

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 12:05 AM

I don't see how you can have a hard time finding something that works in vb you could even google.com it " battle.net bot source code" and you would get a lot of results as i stated in the first post visit those two websites both have source codes you can download via the website.

#8 Zayfox

Zayfox

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 01:02 AM

Wow, ok calm down.

Results 1 - 10 of about 74,800 for battle.net bot source code. (0.17 seconds)

Results 1 - 10 of about 789 for battle.net bot source code visual basic.net. (0.06 seconds)

^^99% don't even relate to my search query.^^

Edited by Zayfox, 19 September 2008 - 03:40 PM.

#9 Random

Random

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 01:13 AM

This is the last time im replying to this thread

First off try clicking on a site link before you assume it doesn't work or it isn't what you need.

I went to google.com and typed in ""battle.net bot source code" and the first result http://www.elitegrou...t/scSource.html which has a few source codes

File Name: High & Mighty Chat Source
File Size: 136 Kilobytes
Description: Visual Basic source code to High & Mighty Chat for battle.net.

File Name: Brutal Ops v1.7 Source Code
File Size: 30.1 Kilobytes
Description: Newest Visual Basic version/source code of Brutal ops 1.7 as of 11/04/04

Any of these bots could help you start to get on your way

And look what do we have here the second link is what i said in my first post to the site "http://botdev.valhallalegends.com/" which will give you a better understanding of how bots work and connect

Skip about 2 more down to the 5th link and what do we have here the other site that i said for you to visit Battle.Net Development Network and hmm if you scroll down the site a bit you have Source Code & Tutorials - Battle.Net Development Network and what do we have here more source codes of bots.

Please actually try before you complain. We are not here to do all your work for you if we did that you would never learn on your own. We are merely here to help you to make you progress.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download