Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

IE8 - Beta2

ie8

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 TcM

TcM

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7563 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 06:52 AM

Well, I was using the stumble toolbar and I found out that IE8 BETA is already out.. WTF! Lol.. I don't care about it that much.. lol

Anyways, who is going to update to IE8?

ME NOT!

Windows Internet Explorer 8: Home page

#2 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 8356 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:09 AM

I already knew it was out. I will be updating anyway.
If you enjoy reading this discussion and are thinking about commenting, why not click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

#3 v0id

v0id

Retired

• Retired Mod
  • 2313 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:19 AM

Yeah, it has been out since yesterday.

Anyways, if I used Internet Explorer, I would wait for a stable release.
If you enjoy reading this discussion and are thinking about commenting, why not click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

#4 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:41 AM

Until I hear that IE8 is actually standards compliant and won't require my to screw with my JavaScript to make it work on IE as well as FF, I don't really care. I still have customers using IE6.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#5 morefood2001

morefood2001

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1011 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:46 AM

Until IE 8 full is out, I am NOT upgrading, I tried IE8 beta 1 and ruined my IE for what it was worth. I hate a lot of stuff about it, even more than FF3. The only good part of IE 8 is that it will behave to standards set by W3 (at least xhtml 1.1). Lets hope M$ keeps it standards compliant ;)

#6 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 8356 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 09:49 AM

Oh, sorry guys. I meant I was gonna upgrade to the stable version when it comes out, not the beta. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

#7 chili5

chili5

CC Mentor

• Expert Member
  • 3038 posts
  • Programming Language:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Ruby, Transact-SQL
  • Learning:C, Java, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Ruby, Transact-SQL, Assembly, Scheme, Haskell, Others

Posted 28 August 2008 - 10:02 AM

I didn't even know about it. :eek: I don't use IE much at all, so I probably won't upgrade. Although I saw that it was supposed to have a lot more privacy features.

I might try it, but I don't really want to yet. :)

#8 Guest_Jordan_*

Guest_Jordan_*

Posted 28 August 2008 - 05:18 PM

I won't upgrade until a stable release is out and even then I may not upgrade. I believe IE7 is still banned where I work.

@morefood: You dislike FF3?

#9 morefood2001

morefood2001

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1011 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:33 PM

@morefood: You dislike FF3?

Very much as its installed. At minimum I add the oldbar and adblock plus extensions to any install. I hate how the forward and backward buttons don't have a separate down arrow anymore. I also hate how the url address bar searches by key term instead of what I start typing, it really frustrates me.

Personally, I am glad that FF2 is still updated because it imitates the old IE6 better, which I like. IE7's style and the FF3 default style are different and I don't like how they are laid out.

Fortunately, I still think FF is a far superior browser to IE.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download