Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

C/C++ Frequently Asked Questions

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#13 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:26 AM

C++ doesn't come with a GUI. There are many books available for the variety of GUI toolkits. You have to pick the toolkit first, however. Options include wxWidgets, QT, gtkmm, and many others.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#14 Tonyg1

Tonyg1

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 07:00 PM

ahh ok thanks. I will look into those then.

#15 Shephard

Shephard

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:29 AM

What is the best c compiler for windows?

#16 opwuaioc

opwuaioc

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, PHP, JavaScript
  • Learning:C#, Python, Assembly

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:38 AM

I have a question, I have been learning C++ but basically just console programming. I was wondering if anyone can tell me of good books or tutorials on visual programming or windows programing, whatever you want to call it, like dialog boxes and windows, etc. Not sure where to look. Thanks

Start with The Forger's Win32 Tutorial. It's a great place to begin if you're using Windows. If you're using Linux, then go with what WingedPanther said.
οἵη περ φύλλων γενεὴ τοίη δὲ καὶ ἀνδρῶν. - Iliad 6.146

#17 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

• 17757 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:27 PM

The visual studio is pretty good/well reviewed. I like MinGW because I get a consistent interface between it and gcc on Linux.

#18 bootromy

bootromy

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:07 AM

Thanks!

#19 bbqroast

bbqroast

Codecall Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 03:06 PM

This is what I think they are:
IDE: Integrated Development Environment- A program like Code::Blocks with features such as guessing what your typing and instant "press of a button" compiling and running.
Compiler: A program such as MinGW that turns code such as C++ into computer language such as binary.
Assembler: A program that puts together code, libraries and other "includes" into one binary file.
Please, write clearly with proper structure. Double spacing makes the text feel un-jointed, Capitalizing Every Word Means People Stop Before Every Word Sub-Consciously Which Is A Pain In The Backside, and use code tags! (The right most styling box).

#20 Alexander

Alexander

YOL9

• 3963 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PHP, Assembly

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:21 PM

I have contributed a significant revision to the FAQ for the benefit of the forum for C/C++ coders. If sections appear superfluous or wording unclear (content was adapted without fully revising), the original post can be revised with quality material by CodeCall, for CodeCall. Feel free to discuss and contribute further in this thread.

All new problems require investigation, and so if errors are problems, try to learn as much as you can and report back.

#21 lespauled

lespauled

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1360 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, C#, JavaScript, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Visual Basic .NET, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Bash

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:12 AM

It was explained in your other topic.  It's an array of array.  It's frequently used for an array of strings.

Edited by lespauled, 04 September 2014 - 08:13 AM.

My Blog: http://forum.codecal...699-blog-77241/
"Women and Music: I'm always amazed by other people's choices." - David Lee Roth

#22 EmmaHarris

EmmaHarris

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 03:23 AM

C, C++ is the Basic Language for your Programming prospect and students should have to be perfectly concentrate on this just because next courses 80% based on these Subjects, so my opinion is that just do it from where you want but keep in mind clear your all the concepts and do it by yourself take some projects and work on it. This will help you a lot for sure.

#23 rela

rela

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:45 AM

Could someone please tell me how I can run my C++ code using Command prompt? How should I open it, and what I need to write?
And if there are more than one text files in my code including input data, how I can choose one of them to run that one?

#24 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

• 17757 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:48 AM

Could someone please tell me how I can run my C++ code using Command prompt? How should I open it, and what I need to write?
And if there are more than one text files in my code including input data, how I can choose one of them to run that one?

Do you know how to open a command prompt?

Do you know how to use the "cd" command to move to the directory your executable is in?