Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

When did you start Writing html?

HTML

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#25 ArtoStiloz

ArtoStiloz

CC Addict

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 04:43 AM

I started when I was .. hmm .. 14 (2001-2002), I think it must have been when I created a profile on a community where you could fill profile of the text, with html codes. I learned it just as slowly, from some so-called help pages, community linked to. I started using, just real standard profile of the text, later I started to use the frontpage. Now im using MacroMedia and Photoshop to my tables.

Excuse me, for my little mistakes. John reminded me now that the program's name was Dreamweaver.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Http://www.ArtoStiloz.Dk

#26 MeTh0Dz

MeTh0Dz

CC Leader

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1726 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 08:52 AM

Dreamweaver does offer a lot of features. But, 99.999999% of the time, when I've seen it used, it has been done so by people who can't code and want to put together web pages. So they just use clicking and dragging.

Hence, why I compared it to VB.

#27 morefood2001

morefood2001

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1011 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 09:03 AM

Dreamweaver does offer a lot of features. But, 99.999999% of the time, when I've seen it used, it has been done so by people who can't code and want to put together web pages. So they just use clicking and dragging.

Hence, why I compared it to VB.

Thats a really good comparison that I never thought of. I should +rep you ;)
If you enjoy reading this discussion and are thinking about commenting, why not click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

#28 MeTh0Dz

MeTh0Dz

CC Leader

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1726 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 09:56 AM

Oh, thank you.

#29 chili5

chili5

CC Mentor

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3038 posts
  • Programming Language:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Ruby, Transact-SQL
  • Learning:C, Java, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Ruby, Transact-SQL, Assembly, Scheme, Haskell, Others

Posted 20 September 2008 - 10:03 AM

There are a lot of people that just use dream weaver to create quick web pages. It does have a lot of features for people that use it properly.

Sadly, when I learned to use Dream Weaver at school, they taught it to us to use it just to make web pages, and not to worry about the code. We never learned how to actually do any of the stuff in code that dreamwaaver makes easy to copy and paste here and there.

#30 morefood2001

morefood2001

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1011 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 10:13 AM

There are a lot of people that just use dream weaver to create quick web pages. It does have a lot of features for people that use it properly.

Sadly, when I learned to use Dream Weaver at school, they taught it to us to use it just to make web pages, and not to worry about the code. We never learned how to actually do any of the stuff in code that dreamwaaver makes easy to copy and paste here and there.

Yeah LOL Thats exactly how my website design class went. Our teacher basically stood up there one day and said, "yeah, to make html in a notepad is a waste of time when the program can do it for you". I don't believe that for one microsecond anymore :P
If you enjoy reading this discussion and are thinking about commenting, why not click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

#31 Aereshaa

Aereshaa

CC Devotee

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 09:55 PM

I started in grade 5, when we had an assignment to make a website in frontpage, but I made a hand-written page that loaded 10 times faster than the other students' (we had terrible dialup, not a rich school).

#32 adserverexpert

adserverexpert

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:55 PM

i have used notepad for html, when i am starting html(1999)

#33 Brandon W

Brandon W

CC Mentor

• Expert Member
  • 2092 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java
  • Learning:Java, C++, JavaScript

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:49 PM

I started learning HTML about 2 years ago when I was 13. Only basically but then last year I got more in depth. I learnt from w3schools. Very good site for beginners and has many languages to learn on their!

I started off using Notepad and now use PHPed, been through heaps but that's my favourite.

#34 marwex89

marwex89

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 2857 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 10:32 AM

WYSIWYG == static_cast<web>VB

LOL :lol: That should go into the Member Quotes IMO..
Hey! Check out my new Toyota keyboaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

#35 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 8356 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:15 PM

Hmm... I started about a year or two ago. When I was about 10 or 11. I'm 13 now.

#36 antoniyo

antoniyo

CC Regular

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 03:47 AM

I was writing HTML since 2001,where i was 13 years old. well now i am 21.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download