Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Joomla Troubles...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 phpforfun

phpforfun

Speaks fluent binary

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1056 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 02:28 PM

So im helping my girlfriends mom with her joomla website.. She has this alumni section, what she wants is when a user registers, it does NOT add them to the users table, instead, it ads them to a pending table and waits for her to approve of the user, once she does, it will add the user to the users table in the SQL database.. the issue is.... I am having troubles with the password, I have spent alot of time on it and I dont get how Joomla creates the password "salt".

If I throw this in a module, somehow, (it would be my first module), can I add PHP and just use there variables? so I can just use <? echo encryptPass(); ?> or whatever the function is?

#2 phpforfun

phpforfun

Speaks fluent binary

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1056 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 10:47 PM

bump? I know there are some joomla guys on here..

#3 Guest_Jaan_*

Guest_Jaan_*

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:44 AM

hm.. i believe Jordan can help you :)

#4 Guest_Jordan_*

Guest_Jordan_*

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:45 AM

You can disable the "activation" email on new users which would mean your mother-in-law (:)) would have to change the status of users (activate them) before they could login. I found this at this thread: Joomla! • View topic - New User Approval - by Admin - or others

Read #2. There are other ideas in there as well.

#5 phpforfun

phpforfun

Speaks fluent binary

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1056 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 06:02 AM

Awesome! Ill look into this after work, thanks Jordan.

go buy bf2

#6 Chewie

Chewie

CC Leader

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1074 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 08:00 AM

LOL yes plz, do buy it I'm excited!

#!CrunchBang Linux ~$ apt-get into it | #!(Statler:R20101205): OpenBox | Like Linux?
“The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.”

#7 jessje

jessje

CC Resident

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 12:04 PM

jommla has a lot of cool options and less cool options, but account activation can be switched off if you want. You have not confirment if the sulution Jordan mentioned worked for you?

#8 phpforfun

phpforfun

Speaks fluent binary

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1056 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 02:55 PM

well, I think it did...? I commented out the confirmation email code from the page, however it was in a different page, but I doubt joomla had it in 2 places.

I registered a bullshit account, and it didnt send the email to me, so I figured it worked! I manualy activated the account, and it worked, so I deleted the account..

..2 hours later I got an email askign me to confirm?!

I let it slide, I asked who I did it for if it worked, she said yes. then she said she hasnt had anyone sign on yet, so how would she know?

im doing it for 6 of her other sites, so I hope to ** it worked, Maybe it was an email that was sent after I manually activated it

#9 Chewie

Chewie

CC Leader

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1074 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:58 PM

I have templates btw if you need them...

#!CrunchBang Linux ~$ apt-get into it | #!(Statler:R20101205): OpenBox | Like Linux?
“The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.”

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download