Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Hello

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 whoiga

whoiga

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 02:51 PM

Hello everyone. I'm Martin Pace and only recently discovered CodeCall. I only wish I'd discovered it sooner.

I'm primarily a C# and Python programmer, although I love dabbling in other languages for fun. Unlike most of my peers in the technological world, I opted to not major in computer science. It just wasn't something I could see myself doing day in and day out as a job. Rather, I enjoy programming for "the fun of it" and a good sense of accomplishment.

Instead, I'm a corporate finance major. Luckily that means I can put programming to thorough use without doing it all of the time, in order to make my job easier.

Sometimes I get frustrated with compiled languages, as most of my background rests with markup languages (XHTML/XML/CSS/etc.) and interpreted languages (like PHP/Python/Javascript/etc.), but I think it's rather fun. When it comes to lower-layer languages like ASM, C, C++, etc. I start gritting my teeth and pulling my hair.

I've been administrating and managing online communities for 10+ years and I can easily tell that this community is well maintained by people of a very professional demeanor - that's comforting and is symbolic of longevity. :)

Glad to be here. I'll probably mostly be mucking around in the C# and .NET areas. See you around!

#2 John

John

CC Mentor

• 4450 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:15 PM

Hello Martin Pace, Welcome to CodeCall! I'm glad you find the community useful; if you have any questions do not hesitate to ask.

#3 v0id

v0id

Retired

• Retired Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2313 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 01:47 AM

Welcome to CodeCall, Martin!
If you enjoy reading this discussion and are thinking about commenting, why not click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

#4 Guest_Jordan_*

Guest_Jordan_*

Posted 28 June 2008 - 04:32 AM

Hey Martin, welcome to CodeCall! Excellent introduction! Let us know if you need anything.

#5 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 8356 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 11:54 AM

Welcome to CC, Martin! Good to have you around. I love .NET, and C# is my favourite .NET syntax. We could be brothers. :)
If you enjoy reading this discussion and are thinking about commenting, why not click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

#6 Pancrazio

Pancrazio

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 01:39 PM

Hey Martin!

#7 TcM

TcM

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 7563 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:35 AM

Welcome to CodeCall.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download