Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Finally - My Business Directory is finalized! Take a look

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#13 TcM

TcM

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7563 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 09:28 AM

I really don't know what to do to show people as soon as they visit the website what this website is about.. I've been thinking about that... can't make up something.

#14 Chewie

Chewie

CC Leader

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1074 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 09:46 AM

Make it my GFX design web site =p.

#!CrunchBang Linux ~$ apt-get into it | #!(Statler:R20101205): OpenBox | Like Linux?
“The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.”

#15 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 8356 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:22 AM

I partially agree with the comments made:

@ It is nice and simple, very clear layout.
@ It doesn't look stupid and overdone.

But:

@ In the modern days of amazing layouts, fast internet connections and large screens, the layout is pretty dull and boring.
@ Even for a professional site, it should still look pretty good. You have to draw the line somewhere, but unless you start using crazy things like animations and rainbow colour schemes, it can still look professional.
@ Perhaps a slogan or caption underneath the logo to explain the purpose of the site? e.g. "Malta's best Business Directory" or something (a lot better) like that.

@jage: The Google homepage uses tables for layout, and it still rocks. :)
If you enjoy reading this discussion and are thinking about commenting, why not click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

#16 jage

jage

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 03:06 PM

I partially agree with the comments made:
@jage: The Google homepage uses tables for layout, and it still rocks. :)

Yes, but I never said tables don't work. I'm just saying that the more modern and professional way to do things is without using tables, at least according to newer web standards correct?

#17 Chewie

Chewie

CC Leader

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1074 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 06:47 AM

LOL, but that's Google...;)

#!CrunchBang Linux ~$ apt-get into it | #!(Statler:R20101205): OpenBox | Like Linux?
“The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.”

#18 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 8356 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:26 AM

Yes, but I never said tables don't work. I'm just saying that the more modern and professional way to do things is without using tables, at least according to newer web standards correct?

That's what tends to be saıd, but I mean, ıf Google can use a table, we can as well, no? Especıally for thıngs lıke pages sent as HTML emaıl, where you cannot lınk to a stylesheet.
If you enjoy reading this discussion and are thinking about commenting, why not click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

#19 laura82

laura82

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 01:32 AM

I really like the site, looks great!

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download