Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Finally - My Business Directory is finalized! Take a look

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 TcM

TcM

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7563 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 03:03 AM

Yeah, finally, My Business Directory is finalized! Take a look.

• I have a full admin panel
  • An Affiliate System, that counts click throughs and sales from an affiliate
  • An online advertising form, you can upload up to 10 pictures etc.. And pay straight away. I will then review and approve manually.
  • Hopefully a good looking template.
  • I'm proud of what I achieved.

It only needs, maybe, XHTML validation.. but I'm not sure if that is worth the time and work it requires.

I think it is quite finished. What do you think? I've been working months on it.
If I had to sell it, how much do you think I can sell it for?

#2 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 8356 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:26 AM

It only needs, maybe, XHTML validation.. but I'm not sure if that is worth the time and work it requires.

You got about 33 errors on one page. But it looks OK in IE and FF, so it's probably fine to leave it.

Otherwise, looking good! The template's just slightly simple and crude, but it's probably appropriate for a formal site.
If you enjoy reading this discussion and are thinking about commenting, why not click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

#3 Guest_Jordan_*

Guest_Jordan_*

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:10 AM

Looks good, about the same as last time you posted. I've never been a fan of that globe as the background though.

What form did you use to allow users to submit ads?

#4 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 8356 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:17 AM

I've never been a fan of that globe as the background though.

At least it stays in one place.
If you enjoy reading this discussion and are thinking about commenting, why not click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

#5 TcM

TcM

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 7563 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:24 AM

The template's just slightly simple and crude, but it's probably appropriate for a formal site.

It's a formal site.. I don't think that heavy graphics are good for such sites.

Looks good, about the same as last time you posted.

You are kidding right? I added much more functionality, template was the same, but the functionality is a lot better.

I've never been a fan of that globe as the background though.
What form did you use to allow users to submit ads?

If I don't make that background it looks quite empty with all that white space.... You have any suggestions?
What do you mean, what form? I made that form myself, and used John's class (modified it a little bit) for the 10 extra images.

#6 jessje

jessje

CC Resident

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 12:54 PM

I am sorry to say, i thing you're design is really realy dated. it reminds me of layouts seen years ago.
Your design realy needs an update it would make all your effors come more to their rights.

#7 TcM

TcM

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 7563 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 03:07 PM

We4ll it's a 'professional' design.. I don't think any heavy graphics would make it better....

#8 zeroradius

zeroradius

Speaks fluent binary

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1085 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 03:13 PM

I thought the design was nice and simple like it should be for a buisness, the last time i sall it. however i can not coment on how it is now as every time i try to accsess it i get an internal server error
Posted Image

#9 TcM

TcM

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 7563 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 01:24 AM

Yes, it is exactly the same as it was, just added a few pages and some images in the affiliation center etc..

You are getting 500 internal server error because TP is moving servers.

#10 jessje

jessje

CC Resident

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 03:32 AM

We4ll it's a 'professional' design.. I don't think any heavy graphics would make it better....

I for starters did not stae you should use heavy graphics, i stated you should use a modern design.

#11 TcM

TcM

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 7563 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 05:05 AM

Well.. like what? All glossy and stuff like that?

Web 2.0 stuff?

#12 jage

jage

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 08:47 AM

I agree. The design and look of the site is not "professional" whatsoever. Look at how nice CodeCall looks. It doesn't need to be the glossy web 2.0 stuff, but you need a coherent layout (and definitely a new logo). Maybe a different color other than such a strong blue would help too. (I also agree with getting rid of the globe!)

Also, why use tables? This is bad HTML design. Better to do your layouts using CSS formatting.

Its also hard to tell off the bat what your webpage is about, what its purpose is, and why its different.

Just some tips.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download