Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Resize Issue

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#25 TcM

TcM

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7563 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 10:57 AM

WTF! I downloaded that image using IE, and it converted it as a BMP, not a PNG (and it changed the color to 00005b). I don't know why... change that PNG image into a JPG or BMP. Maybe IE has some errors with PNG files.

#26 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 8356 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:01 AM

IE is so stupid! I'm just fuming that it can't display PNG files accurately! :mad:
Anyway, I'll try converting it.
If you enjoy reading this discussion and are thinking about commenting, why not click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

#27 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 8356 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:08 AM

And whaddya know? It works! :)

I can't believe IE can't handle PNG files. I swear I'm gonna complain to Microsoft about it.
If you enjoy reading this discussion and are thinking about commenting, why not click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

#28 TcM

TcM

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 7563 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:10 AM

Let me know if you succeed.
Yeah, IE is too stupid.

#29 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 8356 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:16 AM

Take a look at the site. It works now! :) Ignore the footer at the bottom, I'm ironing out the creases now.

#30 TcM

TcM

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 7563 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:41 AM

You are very, very bad and have no skills at troubleshooting. It's a must in web and software development! You better improve your skills man....

Anyways, it's great that it worked, WITH MY HELP :)

#31 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 8356 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:48 AM

You are very, very bad and have no skills at troubleshooting. It's a must in web and software development! You better improve your skills man....

What are you on about now? What is it this time that you've found to nag about? :)

I'm not bad at all - I haven't actually tried to fix the problem, because I've been working on that purple footer at the bottom. And thanks, I've been 'troubleshooting' the footer the whole time, tinkering it until it works in both IE and FF. Don't insult me unnecessarily - I take everything to heart.

#32 TcM

TcM

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 7563 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 01:50 PM

That's a good thing ;)

But yeah.. I solved this issue in no more than a few minutes... but you.. you had even to double post.. because no one replied. So you tried to fix it, but just didn't know the fix ;)

Just admit it.

#33 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 8356 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 07:37 AM

What? I bumped the thread because no-one replied! I was too busy doing other things to bother working out why it wasn't working. I could easily have tested a different file type, but I didn't get round to it. Instead of wasting my time on that, I was just checking if anyone had experienced this before, and hence knew the answer already. In fact, I'm doing everybody a favour by warning people about PNG files in IE! I deserve +rep for that. :)

#34 TcM

TcM

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 7563 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:03 AM

What was that? Lol, you didn't even know it.

#35 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 8356 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:04 AM

Eh? I don't know what you mean. What was what?

#36 TcM

TcM

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 7563 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:10 AM

You didn't even know that IE had problems with PNG

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download