Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

multiple os?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#25 TcM

TcM

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7563 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 10:05 AM

I meant a normal class full of computers.

#26 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 8356 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 07:44 AM

What sort of education? I'm at secondary school, and a 'normal class' wouldn't mean computers at every desk, unless it's an IT room.
If you enjoy reading this discussion and are thinking about commenting, why not click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

#27 TcM

TcM

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 7563 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 06:08 AM

First of all we are going off topic. But a normal class for secondary school is a class with no computers, but a normal class for the course I am taking is a class full of computers.

There are no standards for normality... it's just a useless word if you actually look at it.

#28 zeroradius

zeroradius

Speaks fluent binary

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1085 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 01:18 PM

There are no standards for normality... it's just a useless word if you actually look at it.

agreed

also you live in britin Xav things are probably done diffrent there then in other places. It depends on the schools buget out here wether they have computers in all the classes or not. My cousind is in molar high school and they asign them laptops to take there notes on. I myself am in a collage that uses computers as a large part of every major they offer. Because of that we have computers in most of our classes (with no restrictions.) and if we are in a class withought computers then we can bring in our laptops and get on the internet via wirless.

Edit: found my CD's I am going to try installing 8.04. just as a heads up every page of the tut now says the same thing:

Scenario: You want the simplest way to dual-boot Vista and Linux. You've already installed Windows Vista and now want to dual-boot it with Ubuntu 8.04

Summary of tutorial: This is an updated tutorial - we previously used Ubuntu 7.04 and then modified the GRUB bootloader to force Ubuntu to recognise the Vista partition. In this tutorial we'll use Ubuntu 8.04, use the Vista management tools to resize the main partition and install Ubuntu into the freed space, then use the latest version of EasyBCD to reinstate the Vista bootloader

This tutorial has been tested on a VMWare Workstation 6.0.3 virtual machine.

Edited by zeroradius, 05 June 2008 - 01:28 PM.

Posted Image

#29 TcM

TcM

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 7563 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 02:00 PM

It's fairly easy to dualboot.. good luck :)

#30 zeroradius

zeroradius

Speaks fluent binary

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1085 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 02:59 PM

thanks for the help it is installed. I don't think I like it much when you open a window in it, kinda remineds me of the old windows98 layout. Also I can't get firefox t work on it. I may still use it for programing but I am thinking about just uninstalling it because i really don't like anything about it.
Posted Image

#31 TcM

TcM

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 7563 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 07:02 AM

Personally I like the Linux idea, but it's not so user friendly as Windows.

#32 zeroradius

zeroradius

Speaks fluent binary

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1085 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:46 PM

I like the idea of linux i just don't like the look of the interface, ..... I like shiney things
Posted Image

#33 TcM

TcM

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 7563 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:51 PM

I find the look quite good with beryl etc... better than windows in some aspects, but the user friendliness is very limited.

#34 zeroradius

zeroradius

Speaks fluent binary

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1085 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 02:01 PM

I like that tomboy notes or whatever it was, that has to be the best part of the OS that programm is really helpful
Posted Image

#35 Somnath

Somnath

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 04:29 AM

hey that was of great help 4 me .....
thank's for that

#36 John

John

CC Mentor

• 4450 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 07:11 PM

I like the idea of linux i just don't like the look of the interface, ..... I like shiney things

Perhaps take a gander at gnome-look.org. Lately, I've actually found a light weight UI to be very nice (and responsive).

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download