Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Next project: youbrowse.org

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 phpforfun

phpforfun

Speaks fluent binary

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1056 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 11:48 AM

Hey guys, so I have a new project in mind. Its going to be like a browser that you can use from anywhere, you can save favorites, view history, bookmarks toolbar, tools, preferences, it can also be used as a a proxy.

This site will be unique in the fact that as far as I can tell, its the first of its kind. I cant find a single other proxy site that has those options, they are all strictly proxy sites, nothing more, this is much more.

I had a theme going, firefox, but I ran into some issues..
CSS of other sites messing with my menu (menu = firefox emulator that contains back button, forward button, home, refresh, history, stop, etc etc.) I had it looking EXACTLY like firefox, with the rollover buttons n all, but if I were to visit myspace or youtube, it would deface it, and either make it all like 17pt font or bold or blue in color or something, so I think ill just make my own theme.

My question, is what do you think I should add to this site?

Its going to be free, the nonmember side, means guests can use it as a proxy, however, they will get ads, popups, etc etc.
But what should members get? what would YOU want on your account?
Here is what I can think of so far.

- Home Page
- History
- Bookmarks (with folders)
- Page statistics (how many members visited it, how many times you visited it, etc)
- Preferences (enable scripts, enable flash, enable cookies, crypt url or page code, etc)
- Search bar (Type text, select either google, yahoo, AJ, amazon, answers, ebay, wikipedia, etc)
- Multiple domains (lots of .info domains, so if one is blocked, you can pick from a list)

what else would you want if you were a member?

By the way, ill be out of town for like 4 days so unless I can find a pc, I dont think ill reply

#2 wilk3sy

wilk3sy

CC Regular

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 02:45 PM

hmm... sounds interesting, you got a demo?

#3 Martin_kp

Martin_kp

CC Regular

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 03:29 AM

Could'tcha upload it?

#4 Guest_Jordan_*

Guest_Jordan_*

Posted 16 May 2008 - 04:59 AM

You can view his demo here: test - Type in any URL to see the FireFox browser.

I like the idea of the FireFox look-a-like. I think that would be a big attraction. As I stated earlier you need to modify the CSS or use frames. With transparent iFrames you could separate your browser toolbox and the website without worrying about the CSS of the website (and the CSS of the website wouldn't change your font face/type/size/etc.).

#5 Martin_kp

Martin_kp

CC Regular

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 05:59 AM

Ouch, I followed the link, and tried it to google (my IE blocked it, so I had to use Mozzila everytime) on IE and it worked! But for some reason, I can't reach codecall with www.codecall.com. I must write CodeCall Programming. Maybe phpforfun could add a direct link.

#6 phpforfun

phpforfun

Speaks fluent binary

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1056 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 09:58 AM

You can view his demo here: test - Type in any URL to see the FireFox browser.

I like the idea of the FireFox look-a-like. I think that would be a big attraction. As I stated earlier you need to modify the CSS or use frames. With transparent iFrames you could separate your browser toolbox and the website without worrying about the CSS of the website (and the CSS of the website wouldn't change your font face/type/size/etc.).

Jordan, Thats changed, I was working with a new template, ill put the firefox one back up when I get home... And I dont think using frames is a good idea at all, I mean id like to, but its much much more trouble than you think.

Ill try to keep working with the firefox browser emulator, and I am trying css, I even posted the code for it in the other thread

Ouch, I followed the link, and tried it to google (my IE blocked it, so I had to use Mozzila everytime) on IE and it worked! But for some reason, I can't reach codecall with www.codecall.com. I must write CodeCall Programming. Maybe phpforfun could add a direct link.

codecall.net, not .com

Could'tcha upload it?

Upload what? the script?

Jordan, I tried to get on here with my palm, I can view it, your forums have a special layout for cell phones! awesome, but when I try to reply, it says

your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing or mismatched

:(

#7 Martin_kp

Martin_kp

CC Regular

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 06:52 PM

How'd ya know I wntd the scrpt?

#8 Martin_kp

Martin_kp

CC Regular

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 06:55 PM

Hey! if I wrote the weblink here, it would turn up as CodeCall Programming! I wrote:
( the . = >) www>codecall>net. HAHA.

#9 Martin_kp

Martin_kp

CC Regular

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 07:15 PM

Uh, just asking. If Phpforfun is here, is there HTMLforfun here?

#10 techyinfo

techyinfo

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 02:14 AM

ya so cool i want to see demo

#11 phpforfun

phpforfun

Speaks fluent binary

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1056 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 07:08 AM

If you want a proxy, just go to Welcome To Useifblocked.com but the demo for my site is down I guess, ill put it back up when I get home on monday.

#12 Martin_kp

Martin_kp

CC Regular

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 12:37 AM

Jordan added the link already,techyinfo.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download