Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      30 Sep
    rhossis

laptop hard disk seated beneath motherboard but with no access panel. 7 hours to replace :(

Show comments (3)
  • Photo
      19 Sep
    Chall

I love it when you go to write a help thread, then while writing, you reach an enlightenment, and figure it out yourself.

Show comments (3)
View All Updates

Developed by Kemal Taskin
Photo
- - - - -

Key press detection

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mshanks

mshanks

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:45 PM

Hey all,

I'm quite new to programming so apologies if I'm being stupid asking this.

I've made a little Windows (xp) application using Visual Studio - one of the features I want for it is to detect key presses.

I have an integeter, counter, that starts at 100. I want it to decrement by 1 each time the user presses any key on their keyboard. After 1 minute, it will reset to 100.

It also needs to do this regardless of whether the application window is the active window or in the background.

If any one could point me in the right direction with this I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

- mshanks

#2 v0id

v0id

Retired

• Retired Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:52 PM

I'm not a Windows programmer, but I remember that GetAsyncKeyState is able to receive keyboard inputs no matter if it's inactive or active. It's found in user32.dll.
If you enjoy reading this discussion and are thinking about commenting, why not click here to register and start participating in under a minute?