Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Print "Hello World"

hello world

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 InfiniteSpawn

InfiniteSpawn

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 09:28 AM

Hey guys.

I am fairly new to programming and have many questions to ask. Can't wait to get started here. So far, I'm learning VB. After that...I'll continue to learn different programming languages. I want to learn as many as I can. First the general programming (like VB, C++, etc), then I'll move on to Web-based (like PHP, CSS, etc.)

#2 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8356 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 10:29 AM

Welcome to CodeCall, InfiniteSpawn! Programming is an immensely rewarding hobby, and you're certainly in the right place to do it! Good luck with your VB, and if you want to ask any questions on the forums, fire away!
If you enjoy reading this discussion and are thinking about commenting, why not click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

#3 Guest_Jordan_*

Guest_Jordan_*

Posted 08 April 2008 - 11:54 AM

Hey InfiniteSpawn, welcome to CodeCall!

#4 v0id

v0id

Retired

• Retired Mod
  • 2313 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 08:37 PM

Welcome to CodeCall, InfiniteSpawn!
If you enjoy reading this discussion and are thinking about commenting, why not click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

#5 InfiniteSpawn

InfiniteSpawn

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 08:43 PM

Such a great welcome...I feel at home already!

#6 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 8356 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:01 PM

Willkommen zu CodeCall, EndloseFischeier!

I'm learning German, it makes a nice change.

#7 v0id

v0id

Retired

• Retired Mod
  • 2313 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:09 PM

Wo lernen Sie Deutsch? In die Schule?

#8 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 8356 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:51 AM

Sie sind richtig, v0id! Ja, eigentlich bin ich nur 12 Jahre alt, also muss ich Deutsch lernen! Wie wissen Sie Deutsch auch sprechen?

Oh, and by the way, you said "in die Schule". If my knowledge of grammar cases is anything to go by, I think it should be "in der Schule". If you use a preposition like "in", it changes from the accusative case (der/die/das) to the dative case (dem/der/dem). Please correct me if you secretly know how to speak perfect German.

#9 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 8356 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:54 AM

Presumably "Hej, verden!" is Danish? What does it mean?

#10 v0id

v0id

Retired

• Retired Mod
  • 2313 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 09:27 AM

Oh, and by the way, you said "in die Schule". If my knowledge of grammar cases is anything to go by, I think it should be "in der Schule". If you use a preposition like "in", it changes from the accusative case (der/die/das) to the dative case (dem/der/dem). Please correct me if you secretly know how to speak perfect German.

That's right. I forget about grammar when I'm just typing in some German fast. I guess I'm still far from being fluent. But that's okay, I've only studied it extensively for about two weeks. Your German is good, by the way.

Presumably "Hej, verden!" is Danish? What does it mean?

"Hello, world!" :-)

#11 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 8356 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 09:43 AM

Why thank you. I've been learning German for a month under two years, but unfortunately the national curriculum follows categorical lessons (colours, hobbies, food, countries etc.). While this is very useful, it means we have a sort of patchy knowledge. I recently borrowed a German grammar book from the library, and now I'm 2 levels above everyone else. My teacher's really impressed - she thinks we're all dimwits, and we have to go through what we've already learnt, just to let everyone catch up with us.

Assuming your primary language is Danish, you speak pretty good English, too!

And, to finish, I'm very glad to have helped you in your German grammar. If, by any chance, you thought my post was helpful, then why don't you, um, you know... I am a little slim in the rep department...

Was I subtle enough?

#12 R-G

R-G

CC Addict

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:17 AM

Wirklich nicht schlecht. Ihr habt schon einiges gelernt, aber es ist natürlich noch nicht perfekt. Wie auch immer, das wird noch kommen.

Well, I'm learning the German language for about twelve years in the school and outside (in other educational institutions). For me, its probably necessarily to speak five different languages.

Edited by R-G, 10 April 2008 - 10:20 AM.

Like an angel without a sense of mercy.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hello world

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download