Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Including header file using HTML

HTML header

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#25 chili5

chili5

CC Mentor

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3038 posts
  • Programming Language:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Ruby, Transact-SQL
  • Learning:C, Java, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Ruby, Transact-SQL, Assembly, Scheme, Haskell, Others

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:16 AM

Um what server can I use for ASP.NET?

#26 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 8356 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:18 AM

I didn't think you needed one for ASP.NET?
If you enjoy reading this discussion and are thinking about commenting, why not click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

#27 chili5

chili5

CC Mentor

• Expert Member
  • 3038 posts
  • Learning:C, Java, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Ruby, Transact-SQL, Assembly, Scheme, Haskell, Others

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:23 AM

So what do I need to run it??

#28 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 8356 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 11:49 AM

I dunno. When I once tried ASP.NET (and I only tried it once) I just made the page with VWD and loaded it up straight in IE. It didn't work in Firefox, though.
If you enjoy reading this discussion and are thinking about commenting, why not click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

#29 DevilsCharm

DevilsCharm

Programming God

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 02:38 AM

ASP.NET is kind of weird, I'd stick with PHP, that is, if I could stick with any language. Interesting how it worked in IE but not in Firefox. It's usually the other way around.

#30 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 8356 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:05 AM

IE is the browser that renders pages terribly. Pages only work in IE because such a large percentage of people use it, so developers are forced to write extra code to make it display properly. :)

#31 chili5

chili5

CC Mentor

• Expert Member
  • 3038 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 03:12 AM

I make my pages in Firefox and if they display well in that, I think that they should display fairly well in IE.

but yeah PHP is a lot easier than ASP.NET and ASP.

#32 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 8356 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 03:50 AM

Unfortunately, I don't always share your success. I write some brilliant pages, then days making it display properly in IE. :(

#33 chili5

chili5

CC Mentor

• Expert Member
  • 3038 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 04:39 AM

But I was wrong, pages that display well in Firefox, don't display the greatest in IE most of the time.

IE frustrates me so much, when I ran this code in Firefox, it worked but in IE, all it said was error on page:

function yesMailing() {
document.getElementById("mailing").innerHTML = "<p>Were glad you subscribed to our mailing list, would you mind telling us, what you like about our mailing list? Also any comments are appreciated.</p><p><textarea name=\"mailComments\"></textarea></p>";
}

IE is so frustrating cause I end up spending days getting everything to work in it.

Do you know how to do something like this using JavaScript?

<?php include("test.php"); ?>

#34 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 8356 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 09:10 AM

No - remember, JS is run on the browser, not the server. You can only send text to the browser, as in document.write().

#35 chili5

chili5

CC Mentor

• Expert Member
  • 3038 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 02:26 PM

But couldn't you use JavaScript to load a page into a <div> at the top of the page?

Yeah i guess your right, i guess you can't do this. :(

#36 DevilsCharm

DevilsCharm

Programming God

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 10:33 AM

Unfortunately you cannot. Too bad!

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download