Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

- - - - -

XHTML / CSS Book

XHTML HTML CSS xhtml

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Jordan_*

Guest_Jordan_*

Posted 11 March 2008 - 11:37 AM

A friend and colleague of mine recently released a book for beginners who wish to learn XHTML and CSS. The book is targeted at computers users who want to extend their skills and become web developers. I've sat and had several conversations with the author, Alec Fehl, who has developed web based applications for the business I work with. I can honestly say that this author genuinely knows what he is talking about.

For any of you interested in learning XHTML and CSS or want to learn more on the subjects I recommend you purchase this book.

Quote from the Author for CC

The book teaches the basics of XHTML and CSS, focusing on semantic and valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional as the student strives for XHTML 1.0 Strict. It is different from other HTML books in that it is driven by a clear separation of structure (XHTML) from presentation (CSS) and provides four levels of hand-on exercises -each with less and less guidance as the student becomes more independent. Additional topics covered are design tips and best practices, basic image editing with Photoshop, and how to choose a web host.

From the Book Catalog

Web Page Design with XHTML/CSS combines the author’s "workflow learning" approach with Labyrinth’s successful instructional and graphic design approach to introduce the budding web developers to the languages used to create web pages – specifically Extensible Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS). Students are introduced to the technologies that make websites work, learn best practices for naming web pages and organizing website files, work with HTML, XHTML and CSS, and put a website on the web.

For more information and to purchase visit: Web Page Design with XHTML/CSS

#2 chili5

chili5

CC Mentor

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3038 posts
  • Programming Language:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Ruby, Transact-SQL
  • Learning:C, Java, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Ruby, Transact-SQL, Assembly, Scheme, Haskell, Others

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:25 PM

That sounds very good, I'll probably get that book. I don't have a very good book with XHTML and CSS.

and resource could you stop advertising the web design help web site, it seems you've posted that 30 times here. :o

#3 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8356 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:20 PM

I reported the user "resource". A few minutes later, he/she/it was banned from the forum for advertising.

If you just want to prune your skills, you could try W3Schools Online Web Tutorials - they seem to have tutorials for everything web-related.

Xav

Oh, and lucky you, Jordan, for conversing with the author! The closest I've ever got to an author is... er, I can't remember. Anyhow, anything's better than HTML 4 for Dummies. The author keeps making really corny jokes - especially about cookies, and the like.

Edited by John, 14 April 2008 - 09:04 AM.

If you enjoy reading this discussion and are thinking about commenting, why not click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: XHTML, HTML, CSS, xhtml

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download