Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Importance of HTML

HTML import

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 comp1

comp1

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 02:30 AM

Hello everyone...

HTML is a markup language used for creating webpages. It us an Internet standard maintained by the W3C. The latest version of HTML
is HTML 4.01.

#2 Guest_NeedHelp_*

Guest_NeedHelp_*

Posted 28 November 2007 - 07:02 AM

You should use XHTML now. Did you have a question?

#3 TcM

TcM

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7563 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 08:09 AM

Yeah, XHTML is better, harder to code, but cleaner!

#4 Death Slaught

Death Slaught

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 02:32 PM

Actually it isn't required that you switch to XHTML just yet, but it's prefered.

Furthermor XHTML is not by any means harder to code. It's cleaner, stricter, and much easier to edit.

- Death

#5 TcM

TcM

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 7563 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 04:07 PM

Actually it isn't required that you switch to XHTML just yet, but it's prefered.

Furthermor XHTML is not by any means harder to code. It's cleaner, stricter, and much easier to edit.

- Death

I found it harder actually.. there are many things that are not allowed.. so I kinda found it hard.. but it is cleaner! Much cleaner.

#6 Fjeddy

Fjeddy

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 10:21 AM

Everything is hard in the beginning but gets easier the more you do it. Kinda like anal **, if you will forgive the weird analogy.

#7 Walls

Walls

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 01:08 AM

XHTML is indeed harder to code but it is always sweet challenge to learn new stuff and code cleaner and better!

#8 TcM

TcM

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 7563 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 10:41 AM

Well after sometime coding at school XHTMl pages I kinda like it. If it was not for XHTMl I would have spent like a whole day editing a website I had for an assignment, thanks to XHTML I just edited the CSS and everything changed :D

#9 Rothzael

Rothzael

CC Regular

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 06:31 AM

There is nothing more satisfying than getting a whole website validated as XHTML strict.... (ok, i exaggerate)

#10 Fjeddy

Fjeddy

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 07:18 AM

True, but still. Even if it validates doesn't mean its following the standards 100%. Until the MIME-type issues are solved I'm gonna stick to transitional.

#11 chili5

chili5

CC Mentor

• Expert Member
  • 3038 posts
  • Programming Language:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Ruby, Transact-SQL
  • Learning:C, Java, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Ruby, Transact-SQL, Assembly, Scheme, Haskell, Others

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:23 PM

I find XHTML easier, I started learning that by myself and I got into a web design course at school and they were teaching HTML and I found it harder to use HTML since I know more about XHTML.

#12 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 8356 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 11:58 AM

It usually isn't such a bad thing if your page fails validation. When I write pages, the only errors there are are the ones that were built into the awful template that was provided for me.

Besides, not all web browsers actually follow the standards themselves.
If you enjoy reading this discussion and are thinking about commenting, why not click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download