Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Cracking an Application Method One (PART 2)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

#25 TcM

TcM

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7563 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 02:54 AM

This is a very basic method... most applications are so harder to crack..

#26 Sinipull

Sinipull

CC Addict

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:19 PM

Great tutorial, exactly what i was looking for, introduced me to the assembly. : )
+rep

#27 Irfan_A

Irfan_A

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 07:27 AM

Thanx alot.
I am also learning assembly, i use FASM. Your trick has been motivated me to study assembly more deeply.
+rep toO.

#28 shaddow

shaddow

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 03:14 PM

Good day, I do have a slight question for you all and I do see that this topic is slightly out of date. However, i am still confused. I have gotten the address and when i open HIEW i navigate to the exact location and I get the same issue as another member has posted. "HIEW - Read-only error." Now, i did try closing out all of the programs and such (including F.F. which should have nothing to do with it) but it still says Read-only. I have even restarted HIEW several times and re-opened CRACKME.exe.

Now, the part i don't understand is, don't you 'have' to have this running to change the Hex values? How else would you be able to locate and change the values? So, would it not need to be running via HIEW? I don't see any other way that this program is running but only in HIEW. I did try an alternative, (to think outside the box) and since i got the HEX from HIEW, i used XVI32 (hex editor) and tried to overwrite the code there and it says access is denied. So i failed....miserably..

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Shaddow

#29 denvit

denvit

CC Lurker

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Programming Language:C#, PHP, JavaScript

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:51 PM

@TcM, could you please edit the pictures? :)

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download