Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

need thr pros help on making a pdf convertor

pdf

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Master

Master

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 03:57 AM

hi guys , its been a while since i started to to think about making a converter for pdf files ... and now after all , i am really serious about it ..and wana make it ar all cost ...
now i have some questions for you .:
first : how should i start my project ..i mean first of all i need to read a pdf files and get the data ... the first problem is here .. what kind of command in C should i use to get the infos ? do i just have to read char by char and then save them all those in a document ? !! and is this supposed to be right ? ( i dont think so )
i know that the pdf has a structure .. how can i find out a bit more about this so that i can retrieve the information and then do the right job ...

second : i am going to use this pdf converter to convert pdf files (which are also in farsi ) to the *.doc format ...
with the current converters , after conversion everything just gets in a reversed order .. i mean if you write "سلام " after conversion it would be sth like this "م ا ل س " so how to fix this problem too ?

(in farsi language you write from write to left)

i hope you do me a favor and just tell me what is needed and i just start the job and see what happens .

thanks alot and im waiting

#2 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 29 October 2007 - 08:09 AM

I would start by looking at some of the open source PDF viewers. That should help you get an idea of how they work. Second, I would look at converting to an ODF format, which supports right to left languages.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#3 Master

Master

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 08:35 PM

tanx , ive give the first recommendation a try already but i have no idea what the ODF is /// would you mind explaining it abit more ?or just give me some principles concerning it

#4 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 30 October 2007 - 08:08 AM

ODF is the OpenDocument Format. It's based on XML, and is used by programs such as OpenOffice. You should be able to get basic specs on it fairly easily with a Google search.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#5 Master

Master

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 06:33 AM

tanx pal . im on it

#6 dargueta

dargueta

I chown trolls.

• 4856 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, PHP, Python, JavaScript, Perl, Assembly, Bash, Others
  • Learning:Objective-C

Posted 07 November 2007 - 06:40 AM

Another good website you can look at for file specs is Wotsit.org. Here are some results for PDF file formats:

PDF File Format
More PDF File Format Specs

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pdf

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download