Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

HTML noob here

HTML

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#13 Death Slaught

Death Slaught

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 12:14 PM

HTML is the best to learn first, because it's the structure of your page. In other words you can't have a web page/site without HTML.

PHP is a server-side langauge, which does things such as sends the input of a text area to the server.

After learning HTML I would learn XHTML (Extensible HyperText Markup Langauge). It's a cleaner, stricter version of HTML, and will soon replace it.

Once you have the structure of web pages, then next step would be to learn CSS (Cascading Style Sheets). CSS is used to create the look of the page, you use it to give things color, border, increase/decrease somethings size, and much more.

Then I would learn a browser-side langauge, such as JavaScript. JavaScript was designed to add interactivity to HTML pages.

Now I would learn a server-side langauge such as PHP.

Hope it helps, Thanks, Death

#14 DevilsCharm

DevilsCharm

Programming God

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 08:51 AM

XHTML is going to replace HTML? So that means that browsers will no longer interpret HTML code anymore? That wouldn't make sense, because then all the old pages would become dead, and that wouldn't be good.

#15 G_Morgan

G_Morgan

CC Devotee

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 08:57 AM

There'll still be HTML, it just won't be used as much, at least that's the theory. MS have refused to implement it properly so it hasn't taken off.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download