Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

PHP Vs AJAX

AJAX ajax

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Megrisoft

Megrisoft

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 02:41 AM

My name is Adam. I am PHP Developer from Megrisoft.com. I just found this forum while searching in google. I hope to take part in discussions and to be active member in this forum.

There is no such thing as an AJAX server.

AJAX is a technology that runs in your browser. It uses asynchronous data transfer (HTTP requests) between the browser and the web server, allowing web pages to request small bits of information from the server instead of whole pages.

Give me more info if you have dear..

#2 Lop

Lop

Speaks fluent binary

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1112 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 04:29 AM

How can you say PHP vs AJAX when most AJAX developers use PHP to create AJAX?

What is your question?

#3 Guest_Jaan_*

Guest_Jaan_*

Posted 22 October 2007 - 08:04 AM

who knows.. who knows... :)

#4 fahlyn

fahlyn

CC Regular

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 07:30 PM

There is no such thing as an AJAX server.

Bold statement. This post has lost me. Was there a question in there or was it simply informative?

#5 mikelbring

mikelbring

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 10:49 AM

I don't know what point this guy is trying to make so I'll make one. A lot of people consider ajax an actual stand alone programming languages but it is not, like stated in his post it is just a way to use different techniques. Ajax uses mostly javascript which is the language. Ajax is just the actual functions and technique of using javascript a certain way.

#6 Lop

Lop

Speaks fluent binary

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1112 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 08:01 PM

mikelbring, you are absolutely correct. Except AJAX needs to use a little more than JavaScript, for example - PHP.

#7 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 15 September 2008 - 08:38 AM

PHP is a server-side scripting language. It can fulfill one of the requirements for being able to use AJAX in a website. AJAX is a development technique for dynamically updating the content of a site without doing full page refreshes. It requires a mixture of JavaScript and a server-side scripting language (such as PHP, ASP, ASP.NET, ColdFusion, CGI, etc).

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#8 morefood2001

morefood2001

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1011 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 04:08 PM

It shouldn't be PHP Vs AJAX, it should be PHP and AJAX. PHP works together with JavaScript to create Ajax. It really isn't a language of its own but rather a use of 2 languages working cooperatively to create some nice web 2.0 effects.
If you enjoy reading this discussion and are thinking about commenting, why not click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

#9 adserverexpert

adserverexpert

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 04:54 AM

ya morefood its correct only. ajax combined fo javascript and xhtml

#10 Fozzy

Fozzy

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 04:26 AM

Well, PHP vs AJAX is redundant, as said in an earlier post. AJAX is a somewhat newer version of PHP. It's like you have two toy race-cars, and on the first one, you develop a smooth graphite mixture. Now, you go to the shop and decide to buy some regular graphite. When you get home, you take the graphite mixture and the regular graphite and apply them both onto the same car (the second one). Now, your second car runs just as car one, but since you added another mixture, you boosted it's efficiency.

Now, AJAX and PHP are just like this: your basic PHP/MSQL page is car one, PHP is the graphite mixture, AJAX is your second car, and Javascript is your regular graphite mixture. When you apply just PHP to AJAX, it's basically PHP with some addons. But, if you apply PHP as well as Javascript, it will become more unique than just a PHP language with addons, etc.....

Hope this was helpful (and understandable)!

#11 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8356 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 10:09 AM

I love your analogy, +rep.

AJAX is a mix of languages used together.
If you enjoy reading this discussion and are thinking about commenting, why not click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

#12 Guest_Jordan_*

Guest_Jordan_*

Posted 26 October 2008 - 12:36 PM

AJAX is a somewhat newer version of PHP.

I disagree with that completely. AJAX is a term used to describe JavaScript and XML which could be created by ANY server-side language (ASP, ASP.NET, Perl, PHP, etc). AJAX isn't a language and basically consists of one DOM API Object: XMLHttpRequest. In fact, you could manually create an XML file, upload it to the server and use JavaScript to read and fetch it (AJAX).

AJAX stands for: Asynchronous JavaScript and XML

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download