Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Favorite WYSIWYG

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#37 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8356 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 10:28 AM

Yes, I'm into PHP. It still works with it, though.
If you enjoy reading this discussion and are thinking about commenting, why not click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

#38 chili5

chili5

CC Mentor

• Expert Member
  • 3038 posts
  • Programming Language:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Ruby, Transact-SQL
  • Learning:C, Java, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Ruby, Transact-SQL, Assembly, Scheme, Haskell, Others

Posted 17 May 2008 - 10:43 AM

Oh cool, I didn't know it worked with VWD.

So if you can't afford Dream Weaver get VWD.

Before I got dream weaver, I used front page because it came with Windows 98 which I have two licenses for. LOL

#39 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 8356 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 06:28 AM

Actually, VWD doesn't work with PHP. What I do is save them as .html files, then open them up. VWD can handle HTML files, so it shows it with syntax highlighting, design view etc. Then I rename it to .php ... and it remains open! :D
If you enjoy reading this discussion and are thinking about commenting, why not click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

#40 chili5

chili5

CC Mentor

• Expert Member
  • 3038 posts
  • Learning:C, Java, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Ruby, Transact-SQL, Assembly, Scheme, Haskell, Others

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:14 AM

But you can edit PHP files with it using that trick, of renaming it. :D

so i guess VWD is really good but it can't test PHP files in the program though. :(

#41 zeroradius

zeroradius

Speaks fluent binary

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1085 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:23 AM

I have dreamweaver proffesional 8 but i won't use it. I don't typicly use WYSIWYG. At least not ones that are meant to be used for that. I usualy make a whole site in Photoshop CS2 then slice it so that I can add in parts I need and export it as HTML. Once I finish that I go into the code and climb through it making it more dynamic.

Nope, I'm in a class where we make web sites and we use dream weaver.

They tried to make us use a wysiwyg in school but we talked them into just letting us code in the end. they made us use C#.net visual editor so now we can make apps but don't know how to code an app that uses a form or any other visual componet from scratch. that was the last strawl for me

Edited by zeroradius, 18 May 2008 - 08:29 AM.

Posted Image

#42 chili5

chili5

CC Mentor

• Expert Member
  • 3038 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:35 AM

I have dreamweaver pro 8 also but I don't like to use the WYSIWYG editors.

We have to use dream weaver in the class I'm in, it's a requirement for the course to know how to use it.

#43 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 8356 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 11:27 AM

But you can switch it into code view?

#44 chili5

chili5

CC Mentor

• Expert Member
  • 3038 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 12:01 PM

That's what I'm going to do for the final project but I still prefer the simple text editors. The only thing that I like about dream weaver is the the feature were it fills in part of the code for you.

Like as your typing, i forget why dream weaver calls that.

#45 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 8356 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:01 AM

VWD does that as well, and it's free.

#46 chili5

chili5

CC Mentor

• Expert Member
  • 3038 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 01:01 PM

but dream weaver is expensive so it has to be better.

what is so good about dream weaver?

#47 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 8356 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 05:09 AM

Not necessarily. All Apple products are eye-wateringly expensive, and they're not better. :)

#48 chili5

chili5

CC Mentor

• Expert Member
  • 3038 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 02:17 AM

I have to disagree though, apple products are better than products for windows I think.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download