Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

- - - - -

About HTML

align

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Onur_*

Guest_Onur_*

Posted 28 August 2007 - 03:13 PM

At this I will show you what is the HTML, how we can make a web site for 10 minutes.For short the HTML lounge!

The HTML or the Hyper Text Markup Language is the main language for creating the sites, forums, portals, etc.
Without HTML we cannot create nothing from them!

HTML is a simple language it's very easy!

For writing a HTML code, it must began with the tag (<,> and it must and with these tags <,>)

The first tag in HTML lounge is this tag "<html> and </html>..
The most useful editor for HTML language is Notepad the editors which are WYSIWYG!
Don't use editors like Wordpad, or Microsoft Word, Exel, Access and etc...

Some of other prefer editors are Dreamweaver and Microsoft Front Page!

A HTML document began with the "<html>" tag and end with the "</html>" tags!
Be careful, at the end of the tag don't forget to put <"/"> the slash, but in the begun don't put the "<>" slash!

The main tags for to write a simple html file are these tags:

[I][B]<html> .. </html>
<head>...</head>
<title>...</title>
<body>...<br /><div style="z-index:3" class="smallfont" align="center">LinkBacks Enabled by <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.crawlability.com/vbseo/">vBSEO</a> 3.0.0</div></body>[/B][/I]
Many of tags have the start like for example: <html> and the end like for example: </html> tags! But there are the tags what have no end like these tags:

[I][B]<br>
<p>
<hr>[/B][/I]
Let's write a simple html based site! :)

All the files and the images, audio files, videos, we must put in a folder together, because to open the page faster in internet!
Or for to load up videos, audios and images faster!

Let's create at the desktop a folder named "html lessons" ! :D

And at then let it there, find the Notepad and Run it!
How?

-Go Start - All Programs - Accessories - at that section you will see Notepad, just run it!

-Let's write a simple html based site! :)

Just copy these codes in your notepad than I will tell you what do these mean!

[B]<html>
<head>
<title> HTML Lessons </title>
</head>
<body>
This is our first HTML based web page!
<br /><div style="z-index:3" class="smallfont" align="center">LinkBacks Enabled by <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.crawlability.com/vbseo/">vBSEO</a> 3.0.0</div></body>
<html>[/B]
Copy all these into your Notepad than wait, I have to tell you the meanings of these codes!

1, <html>...</html> - A HTML document start with the <html> tag and end with </html> tag! These spells to your browser what a page type is your site! These codes mustn't forget!
2.<head>...</head> - This is your sites head :), there you put the title of site what will show the desrcription of your site into browser, over Google when you put the meta tags, robots etc!
And there will put the meta tags what shows your sites description into SEO's (Google,Yahoo,MSN) etc.
3.<title>...</title> - There you put your sites name what will show into tags and there:

Posted Image

This is important too!

4.<body>...<br /><div style="z-index:3" class="smallfont" align="center">LinkBacks Enabled by <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.crawlability.com/vbseo/">vBSEO</a> 3.0.0</div></body> - These tags show your site, there you put what you have to put into your site!
These are important codes mustn't forget!

Than go back to the notepad and save the codes what we have copied from here to Notepad!

Save the file to the "html lessons" folder with the name "index.html"!
Your site still isn't a HTML file, it's text agian!
But don't worry let's watch how to change it! :D
At the folder you are in go to the View Menu and enter to Folder Options, at the Folder Options Menu go to View Section and take out the tick of Hide extensions for unknown file types like this:

Posted Image

Than click ok and let's back!
You see our document is still "index.html.txt" just rename it "index.html" when prompt press ok!
Then our file is ready just click on it and watch by browser! :)

This is the simple and fastest type to create a fast html based site!
Next posts we will se how we can do this like a professional site this is just a begun!

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download