I have been searching for a free and good PHP shared web hosting service for a very long time now. At last I have found a very good one, for free that offers many things, things that usually you have to pay for. I will write this review for you, perhaps it can help you to choose your website hosting and you will have professional service for free.
Who are they?
First of all the website hosting is 110mb.com, don’t be alarmed, they offer much more then 110mb of space! The URL is 110MB.com - Most Endorsed FREE Website Hosting Provider
What do they offer?
Here comes the good news, they offer a lot of things and are currently upgrading to offer you even more!
- Multiple hosting servers, therefore they have a lot of servers connected to each other, meaning that if one of the servers is down, your website will not be affected, meaning more uptime for your website.
- They offer a forum for help, where the admins and members will help you
- Servers Running Debian Linux OS and Apache 2.0
Features that they offer:
- Nearly 2GB of space, 2000Mb to be exact
- 10Mb file uploading limit
- Nearly 10Gb of monthly bandwidth, 100,000Mb to be exact
- One MySQL Database
- PHP 5.1.4
- XML support
- GD Support
- FTP Access
- Online File Manager, with this you can upload a whole zip file, and then extract it online, so you will not have to upload much files, just a zip file and extract it!
- 110DBManager, A personalized and more basic version of phpMyAdmin
- 1-Click Application Installer, install SMF-Forum, Xoops, WordPress, Mambo, phpBB2-Forum, sBlog and much more well-known scripts with just a few clicks!
- No forced adverts to be placed on your website
They even let you use your own domain with their service and can have your website with a real domain name, just insert their name servers and you are done!
There are just a few drawbacks, one of them is that only one Database is allowed, and another one, but can be easily fixed, is that Sendmail and Register_Globals ON are disabled by default, if you want them enabled you have to pay $5 for Sendmail and $1 for Register_Globals ON. As they are by far the best hosting company, too much users are registering with them so they had to limit the registrations and now they made a restriction that the registration is opened at random intervals of the week. Besides that, it just suites my needs, with excellent server monitoring and very fast connections.
I have been a member with them since, and I was a lucky guy to register with them before the new restriction of registration. I had some problems with their customized phpMyAdmin, but besides that, I never had any problems and website is loading fast and can handle a lot of traffic with the 10Gb of monthly bandwidth!