Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Select options

coldfusion

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 catbollu

catbollu

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 01:08 PM

I am trying to create a select box that you can move options to another selectbox in the order you select them.
The user has a list of fields to request from the database currently they only get them in alpha order I want to give them the ability to select them in any order they want to see them.
If you have more questions let me know I have been looking for a coldfusion way to do this for days. I have found many javascript ways but not what I want to put into a coldfusion page

If you ever saw a box with something in it and you could highlight the somethig and use an arrow to move it to the other box ?

#2 WillB

WillB

CC Regular

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 07:51 AM

I have found many javascript ways but not what I want to put into a coldfusion page

If I may ask, what is your problem with using Javascript? If you found a way using Javascript, then just include the Javascript at the top of your display page.

#3 catbollu

catbollu

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 08:09 AM

I don't have anything against using Java script but I can't find a way to do this. The slect statement is filled using a select statement on a SQL database

#4 WillB

WillB

CC Regular

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 12:06 PM

Okay, can you restate exactly what it is you are trying to do. And also please type correctly, I am having a hard time understanding what you are trying to do.

You said you want to be able to use a drop-down selection, and add the selected items to another selection box. In addition, you want to be able to re-order the items in this second selection box in a any order.
Right?

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download