Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Disabling Internet explorer

authentication

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pankaj2007

pankaj2007

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 01:10 AM

Hello
will anyone tell me is it possible to program in JAVA such that we can disable the internet explorer for authentication purpose and if user is authorised than only user can access the sites using internet explorer.

#2 Guest_Jordan_*

Guest_Jordan_*

Posted 09 April 2007 - 12:33 PM

Hello
will anyone tell me is it possible to program in JAVA such that we can disable the internet explorer for authentication purpose and if user is authorised than only user can access the sites using internet explorer.

You want to use something such as Active Directory for authentication purposes? Is that what you are asking?

#3 pankaj2007

pankaj2007

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 01:13 AM

Hello
i m an engg student and i want to make a project "INTERNET ACCESS CONTROL" in JAVA for my own internet Lab LAN in which i want to assign user ID and Password to each student of my college so that as they sit on pc for browsing any sites they have to enter their user id and their pasword on that pc and a checking has to perform at the server side that whether the user is valid or not if the user is not a valid one that the server should not forward any request from that Pc based on its IP address mechanism all the request coming from that pc where unauthorised client is sitting has to be blocked
whereas URL request coming from a user who is authorised has to be forwarded is their any mechanism to block the URL request using JAVA as a programming language.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: authentication

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download