Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

John's Java Tutorial Index

tic-tac-toe

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 John

John

CC Mentor

• 4450 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 01:05 PM

My tutorials follow a systematic approach to help you start developing in Java as soon as possible. Most of my tutorials build on each other and many questions can be answered by referring to a previous tutorial. Moreover, I use ambiguous references such as “in previous tutorials” or “in future tutorials” and you can use this index as a means to understand what I mean.

1. Getting Started
This tutorial walks you through setting up the JDK and installing a commonly used IDE.

2. Getting “Hello World”
This tutorial walks you through creating two “Hello World” programs. One that prints to the consol and one that uses a GUI.

3. Access Modifiers
This tutorial explains what the Access Modifier is and when to use them.

4. http://forum.codecal...ata-types.html'>Data Types This tutorial shows you the different data types in Java and the appropriate applications for them.

5. Variables
This tutorial shows you how to declare variables and how to use them to store information.

6. Loops
This tutorial shows you how to use for and while loops in Java.

7. Operators
This is a Java reference that shows you the different operators in Java. Many operators in Java are the same as other programming languages.

8. Arrays
Arrays are very important in storing information. Rather than using twenty variables you can use a single array to reference each element.

9. Flow Control
It is important for your program to make decisions. Flow control allows you to do this.

10. User Input
There are times when user input in necessary. This tutorial walks you through creating a user input box and performing basic operations with that data.

11. Importing Files
In Java to create more complex applications, it is necessary to import classes. This tutorial explains how to import other classes.

12. Making a GUI Window
When creating applications the first thing everyone wants to do is create an interface. This tutorial is the first of six tutorials that show you how to make an interface. This tutorial shows you how to create a window.

13. Adding a button to your GUI
This is the second of six tutorials explaining interfaces. This tutorial shows you add a button to your GUI

14. Making your button to work
This is the third of six tutorials that explains interfaces. This tutorial shows you how to make your button do something.

15. A better looking GUI
This is the fourth of six tutorials explaining interfaces. This tutorial shows you how to make your windows look better. I also explain a different method of creating your windows and objects that I will use in future tutorials.

16. Adding more objects to your GUI
This is the fifth of six tutorials that show you how to make an interface. If you were adventurous and have read my previous tutorials I’m sure you have tried to add more buttons to no avail. This tutorial shows you how to add more buttons to your interface.

17. Objects with different jobs
This is the last of my first set of tutorials explaining how to create interfaces. All interfaces have many buttons, but using the methods discussed in previous tutorials dosnt get you very far. This tutorial shows you how to add different actions to different buttons.

18. Tic-Tac-Toe: From start to finish
A big part of Java is creating basic games. Using information acquired in previous tutorials, I will show you how to create a Tic-Tac-Toe game.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tic-tac-toe

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download