Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

What are Shareware and Freeware

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 xtraze

xtraze

CC Devotee

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 10:22 PM

I just thought I must post it and I got the info from Wikipedia.

Shareware

Shareware is a marketing method for computer software. Shareware software is typically obtained free of charge, either by downloading from the Internet or on magazine cover-disks. A user tries out the program, and thus shareware has also been known as "try before you buy". A shareware program is accompanied by a request for payment, and the software's distribution license often requires such a payment.

Freeware

Freeware is copyrighted computer software which is made available for use free of charge, for an unlimited time, as opposed to shareware where the user is required to pay (e.g. after some trial period). Authors of freeware often want to "give something to the community", but also want credit for their software and to retain control of its future development. Sometimes when programmers decide to stop developing a freeware product, they will give the source code to another programmer or release the product's source code as to the public as free software.

Give me a rep if you like the post.

#2 noserver

noserver

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 08:18 AM

and most of Freeware come with virus and trojan

#3 marwex89

marwex89

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2857 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 08:28 AM

1. You just bumped a 2 year old topic
2. That's bullsh*t
Hey! Check out my new Toyota keyboaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download